PDA

View Full Version : String to put on Yonex Super RD Tour 90

HotShotEd
04-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I recently bought the captioned racket (used) and would like to know what string I should put on it. Anyone played with it and can make recommendation? Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of Prince Original Synthetic Gut 17 or Luxilon BB Alu Power.

Soundog
04-06-2006, 07:19 AM
With my smaller head rackets, I put pacific poly soft in the mains and a soft elastic multifilament in the crosses. With that combination, I found it was best strung around 53 - 55 lbs. It really depends on the elasticity of the string.

Alu power should be pretty good, but again, I'd use it only in the mains and cross it with either gut or a very soft, elastic multifilament.

Chopin
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
The Super RD Tour is a moderately stiff racket--I personally wouldn't use a poly in it and would use a powerful and comfortable string like X-1 Biphase or NRG2 strung at one or two pounds above the middle range of the string tension.

vkartikv
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I've been using this sporadically for the last 3 years - I always put in something soft like a live wire XP @ 56-58 lbs. At lower tensions, you may have trouble keeping the ball in the court and higher tensions just don't feel right at the net. I used signum PPP on the racquet - big mistake. Go with something soft. Even the Gosen OG JC 17 is a good inexpensive choice.

Roforot
04-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I use same frame w/ yonex 850 pro spin at 56#
Would agree w/ above posters comments. I plan to try livewire and nrg in 18g. I had a frame sitting around w/ the 850 strung at 52# by mistake and hit w/ it last week and really liked it! It felt soft/cushiony and had good pop. So I experiment now w/ string rather than changing frame...

tennis_nerd22
04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
strings section mate