PDA

View Full Version : Prince Triple Threat SCREAM

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Any reason theres so many anti tt scream posts(Ive been browsing the search function) It was the raquet i got, to start into tennis(I. E. Lessons) Of course, i didnt know what the hell i was doing when i bought it, but after 2 months of steady lessons(4 months before where i didnt know what the hell i was doing) I find it a pretty good one, Of course, i was using a prince extended power 690 before the scream. ALso, i cant find an in-depth unbaised review of this anywhere. Im just wodnering if this is a good match for me.

The Stick
Just everything the way it was when i bought the raquet. I am restringing the raquet tomorrow to 55lbs with gamma tnt@ 16s
(I have heard the factory settings for the strings are at 67 lbs true?)
A Rubber band for a shcok absorber

My playing style.
(None so far, just learning the basicis really)
I play on a clay court, that isnt maintained to well, with flat balls, They tend to have low bounce, so im usually hitting with a continental grip. When its higher up, I usually use a semi-western, but its kind of akward. (kind of a mix grip. My base knuckle is slightly hitting the 2nd bevel)

My Forehand- I think mines a moderate swing. Forehand usually ends up nearer to the baseline, or out. Control wise, I can hit a 5x5 foot square 5 times out of 10 (Dont know if im putting spin right or not. Low->High)
Sometimes i top the ball, ends up going into the net 1 out of 4 or 5 times.

My Backhand- Am able to control the ball decently. ( I can hit it to the middle, and sides most of the time when i want to) Shots end up short. Using a one handed continental grip

Other stuff:
I have noticed that with the factory strings, I am getting some jarring and my wrist tends to feel sore after an hour and a half of playing. Im guessing its a little stiff for me, but ill check it out with the lower tension.

I just need a rating on how it matched with me, and also an unbaised reveiw of the raquet in general Mostly from 2.0-3.5 players

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Lol even with the tennis editors mark, this stick isnt very popular

diredesire
04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
I thought the TT Scream was a very respectable racquet, especially for the price it was going at after it was discontinued. Solid platform racquet that a lot of people could play with. It was a little stiff, and much like the Hornet, IMO, but I still don't know why it wasn't more popular.

tennisnj
04-06-2006, 08:31 AM
From having played w/much of the Prince line during the Scream's initial release, I just felt it was just another 27.5 inch 110 sq inch release from them. The Bandit was already out, as were the Hornet, Vendetta & many others which in my opinion were much better overall racquets, especially the Bandit.
Diredesire is right though that it is platform racquet, but IMO I think the Bandit is a better choice.

Ripper
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
...but after 2 months of steady lessons(4 months before where i didnt know what the hell i was doing) I find it a pretty good one...

So, you've been playing for 6 months. I think you need more time, before you start worrying about if you should change that raquet or not. For the time being, I think it's a pretty decent choice for you and you're doing the right thing, getting it re-strung and all that. Keep us posted :)

Golden Retriever
04-06-2006, 09:53 AM
It is actually one of my favorite OS sticks. Somehow it just has the perfect balance and feel. It feels like a midplus but gives you the benefits of an OS.

KFwinds
04-06-2006, 10:27 AM
No worries, bro - nothing wrong with that racquet as long as you enjoy playing the game with it.

diredesire
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM
For clarification, i was talking about the MP version :P

SteveI
04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
For clarification, i was talking about the MP version :P

Hi DD,

Both the MP and the O/S are very "basic" frames and nice platforms for modification. Too stiff for my tastes but I am sure well suited to others. Not sure what there is to hate about them.. just another "middle of the road" frame from Prince.

Regards,
Steve

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks, I just came back from playing with it restrung, It feels great, although, the gamma tnt 16s tend to move around insanly. I can feel the ball alot better, But i think because of the reduced tension(From 64lbs to 55) Im tending to grip the racquet harder. My hand Is kinda numb

Nightcrawler
04-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I have used the Prince TT Scream the last few years. I find it to be quite solid and has decent control. Despite trying out the Shark for a while, I hit slightly heavier balls with the Scream. The lower power allows me to take a full cut without the ball sailing out.

It does lack power in situations when you are desperate for a big groundstroke winner. There is no "killer" shot that can come from this stick. This is a drawback.

Overall, the Scream is a solid racquet. However, the lower price may imply a lower quality. That's not true - it's simply a good value these days. A good stick for levels up to 3.5 or so.

Final_Match_Point
04-07-2006, 01:49 AM
I actually liek teh tt-s dunno if its just me, but its easier to acces spin with a variety of tensions

SteveI
04-07-2006, 05:58 AM
I have used the Prince TT Scream the last few years. I find it to be quite solid and has decent control. Despite trying out the Shark for a while, I hit slightly heavier balls with the Scream. The lower power allows me to take a full cut without the ball sailing out.

It does lack power in situations when you are desperate for a big groundstroke winner. There is no "killer" shot that can come from this stick. This is a drawback.

Overall, the Scream is a solid racquet. However, the lower price may imply a lower quality. That's not true - it's simply a good value these days. A good stick for levels up to 3.5 or so.

Hi,

The racket is of nice quality and a very good value. Has great appeal to a wide range of players.

Regards,
Steve