PDA

View Full Version : racquet customization

Nyl
04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
i'm a newbie to mod-ing racquets n i'm looking for advice. I've a pure drive standard and would like to match the swingweight and balance of POG LB that i've been using. do u guys suggest i should put some weight @ 3, 9 or little weight @ 12? what's the best way to do it ?????

mctennis
04-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Take it or send it to a quality stringing company and have them TRY to match it up. Different racquets never play the same and they may not be able to match it. Just because they match the weight it probably not play the same. Different materials and stiffness factors play a big part in this. Good luck.

travlerajm
04-06-2006, 11:56 PM
I'd start by adding about 10 g evenly distributed around the hoop. Then you'll need to add a lot of weight evenly distributed throughout the handle - keep adding layers under the grip until the weight matches on the scale.

Then Check to see how close the balance point is. Then adjust the hoop weight until it matches.

Even after weight and balance is matched, the pure drive will play much differently because it's significantly stiffer. The racquet will feel the same when you swing it, but the ball-impacts will be crisper and the shots will be flatter and more penetrating with the pure drive than with the POG.

Court_Jester
04-07-2006, 02:50 AM
I've a pure drive standard and would like to match the swingweight and balance of POG LB that i've been using.
Go to this website (http://www.racquetresearch.com/) and click on the "Matching Racquets" link.

CharlieTENNIS1
04-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Try RacquetMAXX.com...They can tell you if it can be done and then take care of it for you for a reasonable charge. I've used them 2x to customize my frames and have been very happy with my frames...

thomas martinez
04-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Chances are it cannot be done, because the swingweight and static weight of the Graphite LB. The swing is going to be rather much higher, because it is a long frame, and if I remember, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I looked at the numbers on one, was only a smidge(say about 10 or so G) heavier than the Drive. If you have any questions, drop me a line, I
ll happily help you out.

Tom
drivemehrd@aol.com