PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Fischer Pro Tour Extreme FT

BDAZ
04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Can anyone who has used this give me any feedback on it? Likes and dislikes, etc. Thanks.

thinkhard
04-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Can anyone who has used this give me any feedback on it? Likes and dislikes, etc. Thanks.

Don't be dissapointed if you don't get many replies. I've tried several posts just like this and no one wants to comment. I'm starting to think it's an ego thing, you know, like if you reply to one of these you're an outcast of this "online community". I have yet to find out why. I haven't hit with the frame, but on paper it looks great. Then again, that's what I thought about the O3 Tour Mid (way more powerful than it looks). Good luck, and see if any local stores around you have a demoing program (it'll usually be cheaper, and less waiting than an online service). NEVER BUY A RACQUET BEFORE YOU DEMO IT! (this would have saved a lot of people a lot of wasted, disatisfied money).

byealmeens
04-07-2006, 05:33 AM
I have hit with the Pro Extreme FT, and I seem to recall other posts. If you're interested, try a search.

As to my own experience, I liked the frame a lot. Great serving frame, great on volleys even though it's slightly longer. Don't be fooled by the flex rating, as the racquet feels stiffer. My only negative would be the small sweetspot. The frame felt great when you hit it, but when you did not, it felt awful, more so than I was used to in a 95 si frame. As a result, I really did not like it for ground strokes as I personally found it hard to avoid mis-hits. Hope that helps....

Bora
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Yes, that's exactly it with this racquet. The sweetspot is so small that you are really asking for it if you stick with this racquet. My friend who sells Fischer's commented on it in a similar fashion, too.

I would take the Fischer Pro Tour FT or the Pro One Magnetic over this racquet any day.

In D Zone
04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
After playing DEMOs - Fischer M PRO, Pro Extreme FT and Dunlop M FIl 200 - I settled with the Pro Extreme FT. I just owned the Pro Extreme FT for 2 weeks and played with it for about 6 times now.

I have read others comment about the small sweet spot is true - and the reason is because of the 95 head size. First and foremost question to ask - do you or have played with a 95 head before? If you compare the head sizes between 100, 98 and 95 - couple of inches may not seem a lot right ? NOT! It makes a big difference. You have to be more focus when playing this smaller head, but once you get accustomed to it and applying the right technique and foot work - you'll never want to play a larger head size over 98 racquets again.

Coming back to why I chose the Pro Extreme FT over the two other racquets- although I enjoyed playing the M Pro and M FIL 200. The difference is the swing weight - Mpro (323), MFIL (334) while Extreme Pro (314). I found my self getting tired quickly especially playing with the MFIL. For a 12 oz racquet - Pro Extreme is easy on your arm (thanks to the racquet flexibility). Very maneuverable and delivers crisp returns on volley. The .5 extra length provide that extra pop on serves. I found myself hitting more topspin (forehand and backhand) as it delivers more kick; the headlight will allow you to produce great racquet speed and thanks to the open string pattern . I am used to playing dense string pattern - so I am still learning, also changing my grip from semi western to western grip.

Now the down side or should I say my challenges - learning to play with this new racquet.
The Open string pattern feels a little weird to me - I get this feeling that the string is going to break whenever I hit hard or return a fast ground strokes. I'm used to playing dense string patterns - Ntour, Dunlop Mfil 200.
The vibration damper kept popping out, the last cross (from the grip side) is too high and I hit the ball often with the vibration dampener. fischer should have added one more string from the cross section to 19.
I am still working on getting my groundstrokes with this racquet - .5 inches does require a bit of adjusting as well. But there is no shortage of pop when you hit right! BAM!!! I am sure after a few more hitting sessions, I'll get accustome to it.

Other than that - I think it's a great racquet! I enjoy playing with it and hope you will too!

One last thing - great color combo! Black and Yellow - commands attention.
I strung mine with a black srting - people are paying attention so u betta got some game to back it up! LOL!

If you are not still sure - I encourage you get a demo racquet first!

Hope this help. Good Luck!

NoBadMojo
04-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I think maybe folks dont respond so much because not many have used it and others get all the Fischers models mixed up since they sound so similar (that's the case for me).
I've hit this frame..it's sweet and plays as the specs would indicate..it's a pillow within the sweetspot, but a bit jarring outside, and the sweetspot is small. This is a low powered control frame which is for a precision ball striker..nobody with extreme grips or looping groundstrokes..i would say for a precise hitting 5.0 and up

In D Zone
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I was in a hurry heading out - when I typed the response. Correction!

I own and plays the Fischer Pro Extreme FT (not past tense).

PackardDell
08-29-2007, 03:58 AM
caught this pic from the fischer image database

http://idb.fischer-ski.com/upload/filecache/1d0bfe5b23db443608c2a10e6fde673c.jpg

what are the specs ?

I know
headsize: 95 sq inch
unstrung weight: 325 gram
string pattern: 16 * 18

length is probably 69.0 cm

What about balance ?