PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get the prototype made?

jack2
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi

I designed some rackets and I would like to get a prototype (just one racquet as a sample) made. Does anyone know where it can be done? I'd like to get it made first and than offer it to racquet companies. Can graphics be changed on an existing racquet?
Thanks,

J2

diredesire
04-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi

I designed some rackets and I would like to get a prototype (just one racquet as a sample) made. Does anyone know where it can be done? I'd like to get it made first and than offer it to racquet companies. Can graphics be changed on an existing racquet?
Thanks,

J2

It would be extremely costly to get a single racquet made. Unless your design is truly extraordinary, your best bet (if you're just trying to customize a racquet for yourself) is to get a "custom" frame like a vantage, or something like that.

thomas martinez
04-07-2006, 06:49 AM
As already pointed out, it's going to be rather costly. They will most likely want you to go over everything with their engineers and such. The way to go about this is getting in touch with an OEM manufacturer preferably in China(again cost factors) and see what they say from there. Though keep in mind, they almost certainly will want you to order a set amount of items regardless of things. Two of the OEMs off the top of my head are Sanhosun and Xiamen Composite Technologies

Steve H.
04-08-2006, 04:40 AM
It sounds like he's talking about having made a new graphic design, not a whole racquet. How about this? Do manufacturers paint their prototypes by hand, or are there custom racquet-painting machines?

jack2
04-12-2006, 01:53 PM
You got it Steve! It's just graphics I'm talking about. The racquet itself can be any existing racquet.

jack2
04-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Thank you Thomas, I'll give your Chinese companies a try!

Onion
04-12-2006, 05:17 PM
If it's just cosmetics, take it to a shop that specializes in airbrushing. Call your local Harley Davidson dealership and ask them. I'm sure they'll know who the best airbrush artists in your town are.

bc-05
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
ive been telling him that.. instead of actually doing it he makes another post about it..

proracketeer
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Whats the cost of a prototype given an existing mold?
(Just a change of composition.)