PDA

View Full Version : Nsix One Tour 90 question on Grip Size

Robbie_1988
04-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi folks my name is Robert and I have a problem.

*sounds like a counselling session*

Anyway I just recently bought myself a spare nsix one tour 90 in 4 3/8 grip size. Silly me I didn't get a 4 1/2 like my first one. Anyway my problem is I find that even though the grip size difference is minimal, I get very different results between the two sticks.

With the new 4 3/8 grip n6.1, I shank A LOT of one handed topspin backhands.
But with my old 4 1/2 grip size, I play the backhand fine but I feel it is more whippier due to the bigger handle (and consequently more weight in the handle).

So folks what do you think is better? Stay with the 4 1/2 grip and have consistent backhands but less power (due to the more headlightedness)? Or go with the new 4 3/8 grip size and have more power but spray my backhands everywhere?

Your input is much appreciated,
Robert.

Robbie_1988
04-08-2006, 02:25 AM
*sighs*

Seriously is there no one that can give me a few words of advice?

hoahuyen
04-08-2006, 02:32 AM
I have the same problem. It seems that my old 4 1/4 is more easy to control than the new 4 3/8. I did make up for the difference in sizes by adding some overgrip.

Is it because of the weight of the handle?

Robbie_1988
04-08-2006, 02:48 AM
I think the problem is the balance. Like its only a few grams more but the balance is different when I balance the rackets on one of them board thingys.

Also I find it might be possible that the smaller grip racket twists more in my grip.