PDA

View Full Version : ncode ntour vs o3 white.

njboy
04-07-2006, 06:09 AM
which one is better?

i am 30s, male, 1 BH. 3.0 i guess. thanks.

panic
04-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Depends on your style also. The ntour is less maneuverable than the o3 white with its even balande, and more of a baseliners stick with higher SW. I'd take the o3, bigger head, and more maneuverability

tarkowski
04-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Can you demo them?

Tough call - it would depend on your game. Each is a great racquet - but quite a bit different from one another.

The nTour is less manuverable than O3 White because it has more mass in the head. The good news is that as a result, it is more stable from all areas of the court and provides a sweet feel and precision for the 1HBH. The larger and more head-light O3 White will provide easier access to spin and will be quicker around the net.

In general, the nTour is more of a baseliners stick due to it's balance, but I feel that applies mostly to females. The males that use the stick at my club are all-courters. They can handle that extra swingweight for quick volleys, etc.

AndrewD
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I think tarkowski is pretty much on the ball with his assessment. They're both excellent racquets that will help you to play some good tennis.

Personally, I felt the nTour wasn't quite as versatile as the nPS, within that same range of specs. The nTour had a bit more power but the nPS (our Team version is slightly stiffer) was no slouch in that department. Might be one to trial.

The 03 White is a good, solid and versatile racquet that will give you a bit more spin and a bit more power than the nTour. Definately my favourite of all the 03 racquets (to date) and a good choice for a wide range of players. A bit stiffer than the nTour but I did find it quite comfortable. Plays well at the net and off the ground.

Don't think you go far wrong with either one and Im sure a demo session with each will help you make the best choice.

tarkowski
04-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I think tarkowski is pretty much on the ball with his assessment. They're both excellent racquets that will help you to play some good tennis.

Personally, I felt the nTour wasn't quite as versatile as the nPS, within that same range of specs. The nTour had a bit more power but the nPS (our Team version is slightly stiffer) was no slouch in that department. Might be one to trial.

The 03 White is a good, solid and versatile racquet that will give you a bit more spin and a bit more power than the nTour. Definately my favourite of all the 03 racquets (to date) and a good choice for a wide range of players. A bit stiffer than the nTour but I did find it quite comfortable. Plays well at the net and off the ground.

Don't think you go far wrong with either one and Im sure a demo session with each will help you make the best choice.

Thanks Andrew!

Not to hi-jack this thread: I've only had the nPS in my hands once, and the strings were so bad that it just wasn't worth the demo. It looked like a stick I could really enjoy. I want to take it out with some better string and compare it to the nBlade. The nBlade looks pretty close: a little bigger and heavier. Have you tried the nBlade? If so - is the swingweight really an issue with it?

njboy
04-07-2006, 09:30 AM
another question is between ntour 95 and ntour 105, which one shall i go?

tarkowski
04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
another question is between ntour 95 and ntour 105, which one shall i go?

If it were me, the 95.

The 105 is another class of racquet altogether that shares only the name and paint scheme with the 105. The 105 is stiffer and quite a bit more powerful.
In addition, it is head-heavy enough with a very large swingweight that makes it hard to deal with at net - even for the fellas.

If you want good power and stay at the baseline, the 105 might be a good option. If you want something manuverable and come to net and volley, 95 is easier. 95 is also a more precise stick all the way around.

bamboo711
04-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I have the nTour 95 and i love it. Excellent (very excellent for serving) but not as good from baseline

Tof
04-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I have played ith the ntour the last 6 months. It is a good racquet. You can do pretty much everything with it. I was happy ith groundstrokes and serve. At the net, there is not enough mass (whatever the balance) to make it a stable net stick. I never volleyed very confidently with it although I'musually good at the netg.I recommend you add 3grams and 3 and 3 grams at 9 o clock and it will be very good on groundstrokes and serve.

However, I have decided to get rid of it because I have a problem ith my shoulder that occured pretty much the same time as I sitched. Is suspect low static eight, even balance and singweight of tghis racquet have not helped...I'm 35, good physical shape and play all around agressive - net.

Re the O3 White, only heard positive comments. Those two sticksare good and appeal to the same style of agressive all courters. O think the O3 should be more net-friendly.

Hope that helps. If you need more info on tyhe n code, ask me.

In D Zone
04-07-2006, 01:40 PM
I played with a 95 NTour for about a year and found the racquet to be well balanced - between baseline and volleys. I find the racquet to be manueverable and prefers the 95 head compared to any 100 head size racquet. May be because my game involves hitting the ball on the rise, approach shots and volleys so I need the head to be as compact as possible and to be able to move inside out. Ntour may be rated at 10.8 oz, don't be deceive by it. It has a swing weight of 330, therefore, it hits like a 11.5 oz racquet. String it between 55 to 57, otherwise, you will feel the vibration of the racquet which can be hard on your arm. If this is the case - install a Gamma Shock Buster (this will eliminate any vibration; and will not affect the performance of the racquet).

Here is One question before getting the 95 - are you currently playing a 95 or a 100 head size? Playing a 95 or smaller head size is another learning hurdle that you need to consider. I had to relearn how to play it when I first got it. I have also found other players who are playing 100 head size struggle playing (burrow) with my ntour 95 - smaller sweet spot and you have generate your own power (fast swing speed).
But once you at comfortable with it - you will be rewarded with power and control.

I have not played with the O3 White so I cannot provide any comment on it. However, reading the specs - I can see this a mid fast racquet speed and offers a larger sweet spot so it is not as demanding as the ntour. O3 WHite frame is a stiffer at 65 , string tension should be between 56~ 58 lbs.

Again it boils down to what racquet fits your game. I would suggest you try to give the two a test drive before spending $$$$.

Good Luck and Hope this Helps

jackson vile
04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
which one is better?

i am 30s, male, 1 BH. 3.0 i guess. thanks.

I would recomend the LMIXL or the regular LMI if you have a 1hbh, look at richard and we know that he uses the floor modle;)

Also do you play doubles?

AndrewD
04-08-2006, 04:42 AM
tarkowski,

Unfortunately Im off court at the moment due to some knee surgery but, when I do start playing again, it will be with the nSix-One Team (our version of the nPS). Have tried the nPS and found it a touch more flexible than the Team and just a fraction lower in power: but, otherwise, so close you'd swear it was the same racquet.

Hit with an nBlade our stringer has and just didn't like it. I found the swingweight noticable but Im a bit sensative to things like that. Otherwise, I thought it was an okay racquet but I, obviously, much preferred the nPS/Team.

tarkowski
04-08-2006, 07:27 AM
tarkowski,

Unfortunately Im off court at the moment due to some knee surgery but, when I do start playing again, it will be with the nSix-One Team (our version of the nPS). Have tried the nPS and found it a touch more flexible than the Team and just a fraction lower in power: but, otherwise, so close you'd swear it was the same racquet.

Hit with an nBlade our stringer has and just didn't like it. I found the swingweight noticable but Im a bit sensative to things like that. Otherwise, I thought it was an okay racquet but I, obviously, much preferred the nPS/Team.

Sorry to hear about you knee Andrew - I hope it isn't too serious.

Thanks for your reply. Living in the states, it's the nPS that's available to me and I do want to take it out for a demo.

AndrewD
04-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear about you knee Andrew - I hope it isn't too serious.

Thanks for your reply. Living in the states, it's the nPS that's available to me and I do want to take it out for a demo.

Thanks mate. Unfortunately, Im off the courts for somewhere between 3 and 6 months, depending on how quickly it recovers.

I think the nPS is definately worth a try and that it's the kind of racquet that people often dismiss based on specs. Light static weight but good swingweight and not overly head light doesn't sound as 'heroic' as high static weight and very head light but it does offers a better combination of mobility at the net plus power from the back-court.

If you want to generate heavy spin put in some Big Banger. If you just want a solid response, put in a standard synth or natural gut. I like a looser feel so had the one I used strung at 53lbs with Sensation 16. Good control, excellent power but the Sensation is kind of a 'nothing' string.