PDA

View Full Version : Prince...maker of many many racquets

Rasta
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
It seems that Prince has the most variations of racquets of any manufacturer. Just look at the Shark. Shark OS and MP, Shark DB OS and MP, O3 Hybrid Shark OS and MP. On the other end of the spectrum, Yonex seems to have the fewest 'current' models to choose from at any given time.

jonolau
04-07-2006, 08:27 AM
.... and your point is???

Rasta
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
.... and your point is???
No point really jonolau, just an observation.

lacoster
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I think Slazenger has the fewest.
________
Clear Trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

El Diablo
04-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Globalization notwithstanding, companies frequently offer many more models on their home turf. Yonex, Volkl and Fischer, for example, sell many more variants in Asia and Europe, respectively, than in the USA, and Prince, being (currently) an American company, has many variants here that people on this board (in Australia, for instance) say they can't get where they are.
(Addendum - check out websites of British sporting good stores and you'll see many Slazenger models as well)

AR15
04-07-2006, 11:21 AM
We need to add them up. I bet Wilson is very close with so many different models.

Yep, I added them up on the TW site:

Wilson 37 different models not including different sizes with those models.

Prince 31

Ripper
04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
It seems that Prince has the most variations of racquets of any manufacturer. Just look at the Shark. Shark OS and MP, Shark DB OS and MP, O3 Hybrid Shark OS and MP.

Prince rules! There, I said it.

Dunlopkid
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
And they are always coming out with cheesy, cheap frames like the Air Freak.

dmastous
04-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I've always felt the Prince was too gimmicky. When they put vibration dampner into the throat I stopped buying.
Of course it helped that I was teaching at a Wilson sponsored resort...

grind
04-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, this is a tough one. Ever since Prince lost that lawsuit to Wilson the company has struggled to find a steady line. It seems they may have done it with the "O" series -- most players I know who've demoed the frames (including me) -- think the frames are really nice. I believe the key is develop a line of frames over time that gain the respect of players and a market niche with consumers. I just hope this is the direction Prince goes in, as opposed to changing their offerings every two years.