PDA

View Full Version : nCode Open ?????

bdog
04-07-2006, 09:09 AM
What is up with this racket? After the small disappointment with the new nSix-two and nBlade, I am hoping this racket is better. But checking out the specs and pictures, I am not sure what racket we will get. If memory serves me, the picture in the Wilson booklet has no PWS, yet the actual racket has them (I held it, but did not demo it). I thought all the new nCodes had no PWS. Why are they bringing this one out with PWS? The Wilson web site has PWS on this racket and a 16x19 string pattern, yet the specs say 18x20. TW has the balance as 6HL, yet Wilson says 4HL. And why aren't they bringing out the Open X right away either? Very frustrating. Anybody demo this stick compared to the Surge?

netman
04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I have playtested both for TW. Did not like the nPro Surge at all (See my comparative review). Had to work hard to say anything nice about it. The nOpen is a whole 'nother animal. It is right up there with the Yonex NSRQ-7 as one of the best frames I have tested in some time. Plays softer than the listed flex and is a wonderful S&V doubles frame. You can really carve up the court with it. Only downside I could find was it can be a bit tough on the arm if you have tender joints. The one I demoed weighed in at 11.1 oz strung, 6 pts HL. It had a 16 x 19 string pattern.
-k-

vinnier6
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
most of the new ncodes have the pws

ace of spades
04-07-2006, 04:59 PM
No, only the npro open and the x version have pws out of the new ncodes. Also the pws looks much smaller than before, a mere bump.

DANMAN
04-07-2006, 09:34 PM
i usually don't care about graphics nor feel necessary to post about them; however, i thought the n pro open looked great at a pro shop i went to

kreative
04-07-2006, 11:53 PM
i usually don't care about graphics nor feel necessary to post about them; however, i thought the n pro open looked great at a pro shop i went to

i also thought the npro open looked great. i really wanted to like it, but unfortunately didn't turn out that way. comparative review should be posted soon.

barry
04-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Wilson Rep says the Npro Open is going to replace the Surge in about a year. They want to make sure sales are on track, and problems with the new open are minimum.
I hit a few balls with it, and it feels lighter than the Ncode Surge. Plus the rep said the PWS is hollow inside. Possible frame breakages in the npro open future.
Overall, the color looks better than the ncode surge, but the racket is way to light for me. Feels more like a 10 ounce frame than and 11. I am still using the Prostaff Surges, leaded up, and have to say I think they are better.
Will revisit the nsix-one racket, last racket with some weight.

CliffH
04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I tried the ncode6.2 and the ncode open pro today. Both felt really light. The open had a great feel but felt really light again. I went back to my ncode 90
as it was more stable and more powerful, but will give another try tomorrow.
Wish it felt as heavy as the surge as it has a better feel but it was windy today and the ball was blown right back at me with the open.

JDC
04-09-2006, 06:36 AM
I have a Surge X and i like it alot better than the open, it feels way more stable and you can swing away alot more, and as everyone else said it felt really light