PDA

View Full Version : nPS vs. nBlade, bDog?

tarkowski
04-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey bDog,

Can your provide some more detail on your disappointment with the nBlade? In a prior post, you seemed to like the nPS a bit - was wondering how the nBlade compared given that it's close to the nPS 'on paper'.

bdog
04-07-2006, 10:12 AM
I taught all day with the nBlade and I liked it for teaching. Wilson has this annoying ability to copy rackets about 2 oz. lighter than the original. An example is the Surge against the Pure Drive. It looks like they are copying the radical with the nBlade and didn't get it completely right. My contacts at Wilson have heard enough about my complaints and stupid opinions. I have told them to copy a racket with about 2 oz. more than the original, which I think equates to more stability. They think 2 oz. less swings easier. Who is to say is right, I sure don't know. And I am embarrassed to ask them again about the nCode Open and all its discrepancies, because I bugged them enough about the nBlade. The nBlade is not stable enough for its weight. But its feels like the nPS with its flex. I think a better racket is the Pure Storm. They are all similar with flex, but the nPS is lighter with a little more head weight balance. I like both rackets but they are not the n61. My fellow Pro agrees as well, he also plays with the n61. Every maker is coming out with an 11oz racket with 98-100 square inch head rougly 4pts HL. A very popular spec in the market these days. Of the bunch, I like the Pure Storm the best. And I would give the nod to the nPS over the nBlade in stock form, but not by much (just from the heavier swingweight). I will say this about the nBlade, it will be a better racket to customize over the nPS. But I think there are better rackets out there to play with than those two in this spec area.