PDA

View Full Version : Grip shape of LM Prestige MP vs FXP Prestige MP

tarheelbornjohn
04-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I have gotten a FXP Prestige MP and have been using the LM version for a couple years. I do love the LM Prestige, but they have been used and restrung to the point that they are pretty wasted. I use a 4 3/8 grip as I like a small grip. The FXP grip feels more square than the LM grip shape and larger even though both are 3/8. Have they changed the shape between these two sticks. I changed the orginal grip to a thinner one on the FXP but still "not the same." I am one of those strange guys that likes the shape of head grips as I use a full western grip or Continental for net play. Any use of these two sticks finding the same thing or did they just mabe use a 1/2 and put a 3/8 but cap on my FXP?

ace of spades
04-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Yay Im glad. I just ordered a fxpplm and since I was not relly fond of the Head gripshape so I may like this on better. That is if they really did anything to the gripshape...

bluegrasser
04-08-2006, 05:00 AM
The fxp grip is much better, closer to a Wilson grip.

tarkowski
04-08-2006, 09:25 AM
The fxp grip is much better, closer to a Wilson grip.

This new Prestige is looking more appealing as time goes on. Bluegrasser,
I appreciate your input. Thanks for some good posts. I'll have to do a search to see how you felt about LM vs. FXP versions.

bluegrasser
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
The fxp has a lower ( slight) swingweight and a tad stiffer, more pop on the serve than the lm, and everything else pretty close. Great stick as long as your swinging hard and moving your feet, for me that's about 30% of the time -sadly.

tarheelbornjohn
04-10-2006, 05:43 AM
I find the samething as Bluegrasser. Lower swingweight and a little more stiff. The small change in grip shape is what has thrown me off the most.

vinnier6
04-10-2006, 06:51 AM
i havent noticed any difference in the flexpoint grips...same ole square grip