PDA

View Full Version : adding weight to handle

knasty131
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
ok...so i have 2 wilson HPS 7.1's and they are really sweet frames...love the flexibility, spin, control, just about everything...but i found at times its just not that stable so i am experimenting with lead...i put 6 grams at 3&9 oclock (3 on each) and now after hitting with it, i like that its more stable but want to counter weight it...so i opened the trap door on the butt cap and it was solid, i couldnt go in...today i am recieving some leather grips in the mail that i will install but i would like to put just a little more weight on there...my question is, is there any way to add weight to the handle without taking off the butt cap?? and if i put the lead directly on the wood, would (haha) it mess up the grip shape? thanks in advance...

DRtenniS1112
04-07-2006, 12:59 PM
If you lead up the handle, directly on the wood, and then place a leather grip over it, i honeslty do not think you will mess up the grip shape. If it does you can also add lead to the throat of the racket but this might not give you the quite the counterbalance you hoped for. I have never heard of a solid grip though that is strange.

knasty131
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
the grip isnt solid...just the trap door on the butt cap doesnt allow me in the handle...and honestly, the butt cap is on there good...its being a ***** to take off...and i just wanted to know of any simple way to add weight without taking off this devil of a butt cap

knasty131
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
anyone????