PDA

View Full Version : putting on a leather replacement grip

knasty131
04-07-2006, 03:06 PM
ok...i am about to put on a leather grip and was wondering if there was anything different about the application compared to a regular replacement grip

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I pull mine tight enough so it doesn't budge.

jackson vile
04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I really can't describ it to you, you just have to pay attention how you wrap it. Take your time and if you need to take it right off and start again.

I start from the bottom, I think this is the wrong way to do it, but hey I'm not the tennis pro:mrgreen:

knasty131
04-07-2006, 04:12 PM
appreciate it...here goes nothing

vinky
04-07-2006, 04:17 PM
There's nothing really special about it, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Be careful of overlapping or creating gaps as you wrap... which is pretty much are the same concerns when using any other grip.

Capt. Willie
04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, pretty much what everyone said above. Go very slow and carefully, pull tight and watch that you don't overlap too much. I start mine from the bottom and work up. When you get to the top take a pencil and draw a strait line around and then cut with scissors along the line (it should actually be at an angle on the leather). Like anything else, the more you do it the better you will get.

knasty131
04-07-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah it wasnt that hard...i have done many synthetic grips but just thought that i might ask just in case there was something i didnt know about...turned out to be just fine and while i was at it, i added some lead tape underneath and it turned out to feel really nice when i went out and hit...thanks guys/gals

PrestigeClassic
04-08-2006, 08:47 PM
ok...i am about to put on a leather grip and was wondering if there was anything different about the application compared to a regular replacement grip

With a leather grip, it is more curcial to use a staple at the start. Also, first wrapping the butt cap in double-sided tape will help keep the grip from slipping down the butt cap.

La Bomba
04-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Prestige Classic, Thanks for sharing that. When i wraped my leather grip on my two racquets, i didnt use a staple or double sided tape( i just thought it would stay there) and it did slip down a little bit. Now i will no what to do for next time.