PDA

View Full Version : Concern For my Arm

Final_Match_Point
04-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Ive pretty must just started tennis, And I'm teenager, not super athletic or anything, just normal with a decent eye. Im just wondering if theres a big chance ill damage my arm with my tt-scream i have now. At first glance, it doesnt seem too bad, even balance, and i did restring it to a lower 55lbs tensions with gammas, and changed the grip. BUT it is a racquet in the light category. Im hearing people say thier afraid of te with 300g racquets. Do i need to add lead? Or play with this for a while(another 4-6months[played abuot 5months currently])

Court_Jester
04-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Does your elbow hurt (not sore) after playing? If not, then no need to worry. If it does, ask someone if you're doing your techniques properly since you said you just started playing. Bad techniques are just as bad for your arm as wrong equipment. If your techniques are fine but your elbow hurts after a match, then you might add lead to the handle and bring it up to at least 11.5 oz (TT Scream is only 10 oz and 11.5 oz works for me) or better yet, get a heavier, flexier and more headlight racquet. Volkl and Pro Kennex come to mind.