PDA

View Full Version : nblade

slice it
04-08-2006, 04:31 AM
do you guys thinkthat the nblade would be a good racquet(gain more stability) if i applied led tape? and if so where?:confused:

okdude1992
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
i demoed it and the feel was ****
dont get this racket...

SFrazeur
04-08-2006, 09:29 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
i demoed it and the feel was ****
dont get this racket...

feel was loose? No, too many letters.

feel was tang? no not enough letters.

You are telling him not to get a racquet because the feel was asterisk,

asterisk, asterisk, asterisk? That is irresponsible. Did you know the way a

racquet can be because of the string? Was the string sensation, NXT or

reaction. Did you know demo racquets are strung midrange for the NBlade

would be 50-60. Also, there's personal technique but I digress.

thejuice
04-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Actually, I liked the nBlade after a demo it the other day. It felt great on groundstrokes and volleys. I didn't get to serve a whole lot with it but it seemed to be pretty good in that area as well. The guy I was hitting with is a heavy hitter and I was able to trade groundies with ease. I also demoed the Yonex RDS001 and the Volkl DNX 10 and, IMO, the nBlade was the best of those three. The DNX 10 was a close second and the RDS was, for me, a distant third.

Onion
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I played a demo and my friend hitting with me just happened to have switched to it last week. Anyways, we started hitting and I was using the demo. 20 minutes into it and I didn't care for it. I asked to hit with one of his new frames strung with Prince Perfection Control mains @ 58 & Volkl Powerfibre crosses @ 65, no added weights, just a shock dampener & overgrip. That frame played great! His frames had lots of power with good control. Volleys were better than most frames I've played. Nice & crisp with lots of pop. Serves weren't quite as heavy as with my Pure Control+ with a bit of lead tape I have on it, but still pretty impressive. The PC+ also is a bit longer, so that should be considered. Returns were easy as the Wilson was easier to whip around then my PC+. With my PC+ having lead tape on it and being longer, the nBlade was noticably more headlight, yet still drove through, hitting a heavy ball. IMO, it doesn't need much if any customization. Great solid frame right out of the box. I'd probably use the same type of strings I've been using and I'm comfortable with, but even with those weird mains he had in his, it played great, probably due to the softer multifiliment crosses.

When the price comes down, the nBlade will be on my short list of racquets I'll switch to. I've beel demoing racquets for the past few weeks, wanting to change from my PC+ frames which are pretty beat up these days.

slice it
04-09-2006, 06:22 AM
coming backto my original question, does antbody know

JDC
04-09-2006, 06:29 AM
It definately helps, but like someone else said it depends on your strings, my little brother has the big banger orignals at 60 and lead tape at the 3, 9, and 12 o'clock positions, it hits so smoothly

slice it
04-09-2006, 06:32 AM
It definately helps, but like someone else said it depends on your strings, my little brother has the big banger orignals at 60 and lead tape at the 3, 9, and 12 o'clock positions, it hits so smoothly

on what, the nblade?

slice it
04-09-2006, 06:33 AM
well its to late anyway a just got a n-six one 95 18x20

slice it
04-09-2006, 06:34 AM
thanks for your help every one