PDA

View Full Version : Which should I buy? Head LMP, Head FXP, Fischer M Speed?

sebastiange
04-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Im very interested in your opinion guys about which raquet should i buy.
Head LM Prestige 98, Head Flexpoint Prestige 98, or the Fischer M Speed 98.

Im busting my mind between this two. Which one would you suggest? Im a 3.5 maybe 4.0 returning to competition, that started back again a year ago with a Prince NXG 100 (just because i used to play Prince when a teenage) but didnt like it because of the extra lenght (27.25), though i was satisfied with its feel, weight, etc. Im looking for a players raquet, easy on the arm, but with plenty of weight and head light balance.

I dont have time to demo them because i need to make up my mind before a friend of mine travels to USA, so i need to give him an answer.

Like to read a line or two from you. Thanks in advance!!

fishuuuuu
04-08-2006, 06:04 AM
I liked the LM Prestige and FP Prestige a lot, more than the Fischer. The preference between the two would only come from hitting.

tarkowski
04-08-2006, 07:36 AM
I haven't tried the flexpont, but between the LM Prestige and the Fischer, I prefer the Fischer.

My preferences:

- mSpeed has a little larger head (98" vs. 95") and I find it a little more forgiving
- mSpeed has less power, higher-level of control, but nice pop is available with full and fast strokes
- mSpeed is easier on my arm
- mSpeed has more open stringbed - 16x20 pattern for good topspin and control
- I like the Fischer grip better - more square, closer to Wilson, my preference
- mSpeed doesn't feel muted; frame is flexy, complimented by nice pop and crisp response from string bed; LM Prestige felt even more muted than my nSixOne 95

This isn't to say I don't like the Presige - I play pretty well with it. These are just my preferences and what I noticed between the two sticks.

milo
04-08-2006, 07:45 AM
head lm prestige did not come in 95" headsize. it only available in 93" or 98"

Aeropro joe
04-08-2006, 08:12 AM
true, but head rackets always run a little smaller than their advertised measurements. my lm radical is said to be 98sq. in. but i held it to my dunlop m-fil 200, which is 95sq. in. and they are the same. LMP has the best feel, it is not muted. it has better control than the fischer.

tarkowski
04-08-2006, 08:13 AM

Yes - Head measures from the outside of the frame, while other manufacturer's measure from the inside. Enough to make a 98" an effective 95". Sorry for the confusion.

ace of spades
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
I just got the fxp prestige mp and I am liking it alot. I like it a little better than my lmp's because a bit more pop especially on serve. I also like the grip better.

milo
04-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Yes - Head measures from the outside of the frame, while other manufacturer's measure from the inside. Enough to make a 98" an effective 95". Sorry for the confusion.

no problem mate....;)

milo
04-09-2006, 05:29 AM
i haven't tried the m speed or fxp prestige. but i liked the lm prestige eventhough it maybe a little hard to serve with compared to my rdx mid. but it still offers you plenty of control and hit good on groundies.

astra
04-09-2006, 06:02 AM
Coincidentally, I just came from my club and played with LMP midplus (my stick), head FXP Radical and Fischer Vacuum Pro midplus.
It depends on your game and preferences. LMP midplus is a very pleasant racquet for advanced player, it is flexy. First milestone - if you like flexy frames, LMP+ yes, if not LMP+ not.
I did not like FXP Radical - stiff, headheavy feel, too light for me, probably good for topspin players (I play flat). I heard that FXP Prestige is on that side - lighter, more stiff - in that case I am not interested in.
Fischer Vacuum Pro is a percfect frame, just a little stiff for me.
Conclusions: If you play flat balls and like flexy feel, do not worry to go for LMP+. If you prefer stiffer frames and play more topspin, then FXP Prestige or Fischer Mspeed. I read many, many good words about Fischer Mspeed here, actually it is an only racquet I would like to test nowadays.

Final_Match_Point
04-09-2006, 06:12 AM
I would suggest trying out the apd, or the prince 03 tour along iwth it. I demoed them the other day, and thier both on the top of my wishlist

sebastiange
04-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank you all guys.

I think im going for the fischer in first place, then the FXP Prestige if i dont find the fischer (not probably to happen).

So ill tell you whan i get it.

Thanks again.