PDA

View Full Version : Is it tight enough for you ???

bsandy
06-24-2004, 12:16 PM
When I mount my frame (in my 6 pt mounting system), I tighten the 6 and 12 just enough that I know the frame won't bend when I do the first 3 or 4 mains.

Is that right ?

How tight do you tighten the shoulder supports?

Do I also just have them make contact with the frame (plus a little for good measure)?

I've seen guys at the sporting goods store, really cranking them in, and I' not do sure I didn't lose a racquet (a few months back) by tightening it too much.

And come on guys . . . It can't matter how you take it out of the machine, can it ?

. . . Bud

Gaines Hillix
06-24-2004, 04:30 PM
One should never "really crank in" the frame mounts, either inside or outside the frame. I center the racquet on the 6/12 posts first. Then I do the shoulder mounts and adjust them all until they are just contacting the frame. Then I tighten them just enough to keep the frame from wiggling when I pull back and forth on the handle of the racquet with a reasonable amount of force. On my 6-point machine I always release the shoulder mounts first, then the posts at 6/12. Although I have never had this happen. the side mounts are more likely to jam than the posts and I don't want to put more force on them by releasing the posts first.

Koz
06-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I do the same thing as Gaines. Tighten them all slightly until the racquet doesn't wiggle around under reasonable force.