PDA

View Full Version : 200 dollar racquet for less.

Mountainman
04-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I went to the PGA tour Superstore at Kennesaw GA to check the tennis section. I was anxious to buy a new racquet. When I arrived there and picked out the racquet I wanted, I was surprised at the price. They listed Prince 03 tour oversize and midsize racquet for 169.99. They did the same for Head flexpoint racquet. I asked the employee why such a low price for different headsize. She said, "Hhmmmmm, it was a mistake. They're suppose to be the same price." Well..... I was not going to let this get by. Since they listed the price wrong, the price on the computer must had been listed wrong, too. I hurried and purchased the racquet before they could reprice the racquets.

asdfijl
04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
haha! did you buy the OS or midplus?

Mountainman
04-08-2006, 09:50 PM
haha! did you buy the OS or midplus?

I play with POG oversize. I just want change toward to the modern racquet, so I got lucky picking the headsize. Of course, I picked OS.

Shinichi
04-08-2006, 09:58 PM
nah , they didn't list the price wrong or anything.
Lots of tennis pro shop sell tennis racquets around $20-$30 off from their original price, if you make a deal with them.

In your case, they might only have like 2-4 frames left and they want to sell it quickly. Or ... maybe they just want to sell the racquet for less profit.

Mountainman
04-08-2006, 10:10 PM
nah , they didn't list the price wrong or anything.
Lots of tennis pro shop sell tennis racquets around $20-$30 off from their original price, if you make a deal with them.

In your case, they might only have like 2-4 frames left and they want to sell it quickly. Or ... maybe they just want to sell the racquet for less profit.

Do you know what this could do to tenniswarehouse? PGA tour superstore is one of those franchise company that promotes serious golf equipments. If they have low prices on racquets, we may even see lower price from tenniswarehouse.

Why couldn't they lower the midplus racquets? I was thinking buying midplus head flexpoint.

slice it
04-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Do you know what this could do to tenniswarehouse? PGA tour superstore is one of those franchise company that promotes serious golf equipments. If they have low prices on racquets, we may even see lower price from tenniswarehouse.

Why couldn't they lower the midplus racquets? I was thinking buying midplus head flexpoint.
ya revoulution

donnyz89
04-09-2006, 08:36 AM
there is a tennis/golf place near where I live. Its a really big store, they carry all the racquets from wilson to prokennex to volkl... most of the racquets are cheaper than the TW price. A babolat is around 150 and 130 with membership discount. I think all the 180$ racquets are about 150-160 at tennis company and 20$ cheaper with membership (which highschool players get for free during the tennis season :)

Shinichi
04-09-2006, 11:08 AM

I got a huge discount from Tennis Warehouse before. Just call them !
If you buy like 2-3 frames .. they will give you a big discount.

At my local store, they offer me a really cheap price for over grips, strings , ...

I only buy frames at TW cuz there are not many variety of racquets at my local store.

The reason why they don't lower the midplus racquet is because a lot of people buy Mid and Mid+ frames . Only about 35% of young people buy oversize . Like I said before, they just want to sell their frames for less profit, since they couldn't sell them with their regular price.

Other reason why they didn't lower the Mid+ is because people are gonna be like "Oh ... wow , that's like a lot cheaper, and the size of the head won't make that much of difference , so I'll get it"

Skppr05
04-09-2006, 11:08 AM
LOL! how many did u buy?

Shinichi
04-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I got a huge discount from Tennis Warehouse before. Just call them !
If you buy like 2-3 frames .. they will give you a big discount.

At my local store, they offer me a really cheap price for over grips, strings , ...

I only buy frames at TW cuz there are not many variety of racquets at my local store.

The reason why they don't lower the midplus racquet is because a lot of people buy Mid and Mid+ frames . Only about 35% of young people buy oversize . Like I said before, they just want to sell their frames for less profit, since they couldn't sell them with their regular price.

Other reason why they didn't lower the Mid+ is because people are gonna be like "Oh ... wow , that's like a lot cheaper, and the size of the head won't make that much of difference , so I'll get it"

P.S
I got 2 of my FXP Radical MP for $300

I got 3 Babolat Pure Drive Team plus shirts, string, shirt from Babolat for $370 (cuz i got my coach knows the people that work there, and she got the sponsorship from them)