PDA

View Full Version : which racquet?

okdude1992
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
I really need some feedback about the following racquets:

babolat pure drive standard (what i currently use)

prince 03 tour midplus (i liked the feel of the 03 red but was too light and powerful)

babolat pure storm

babolat pure drive roddick

and any other ones you would reccomend

Im a junior (14) and im going to get a new racquet...i like the feel of the pd, but it is a tad too powerful...id also like something a little more maneuverable... I am a baseliner who is looking for a racquet that is better at the net and which can allow me to acces more spin/pop on my serve...
any reccomendations???do you like/dislike the racquets iv listed above??

id appreciate any help... thanks in advance

300Gkid
04-09-2006, 05:40 PM
hmmm......if you are just considering the 4 you listed then the pure storm would fit you best.
Prince 03 Tour- a tad heavy and not enough power im guessing

Babolat Roddick- much too powerfull

Pure storm- pretty good, high swingweight though

(next is my suggestion if i had to pick one for u)

Prince 03 white- Inbetween red and tour, not as powerful as pure drive

DRtenniS1112
04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not just saying this because i use and love them but you seriously are describing the AeroPro Drive perfectly. Some say it has the same power as the PD but i have tried both and find it less powerful and way easier to control. Not to mention this is probably one of, if not the most, maneuverable rackets in the market.

okdude1992
04-09-2006, 05:47 PM
thanks...iv been wanting to demo the storm...
i swung around (didn't actually hit w/) the 03 tour and thought it wasn't to heavy but i guess i will have to actually hit w/ it...the 03 white felt too light...i could use a bit heavier frame i guess if it is good at net and has a damp feel...
i guess ill demo the storm 1st..

okdude1992
04-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not just saying this because i use and love them but you seriously are describing the AeroPro Drive perfectly. Some say it has the same power as the PD but i have tried both and find it less powerful and way easier to control. Not to mention this is probably one of, if not the most, maneuverable rackets in the market.
actually i own one, but don't like it quite as much as the pd...
it was to hard to work w/ at net and hurt my serve, but on the ground it was great...

DRtenniS1112
04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Yea it is a bit tough at net, i'm surprised you say that about the serve though. I hear the O3's are very impressive, if i wasnt signed with Babolat i might give em a try.

Marius_Hancu
04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Marius_Hancu
04-09-2006, 05:53 PM
think ahead, a stiff frame won't help you long-term, the risks are higher on a statistical basis:

Babolat = elbow pain?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=27161

I know the former 3rd junior in the world, with Babolat she had huge probs at 16 (TE). She wouldn't have become a pro, had she continued with it. She would've left tennis.

okdude1992
04-09-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks... don't want injuries ruining my career...
the storm is 64 grams, 326 swingweight, and 3pts head light, this might be a compromise...

Bottle Rocket
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
What you have described makes me think the Pure Storm is the perfect racket for you. I also liked the Pure Drive, but wanted less power.

I ended up with the Pure Storm. Here is my review-

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=82063&highlight=racket+exploration

There were a bunch of threads around here a few weeks back around the time I posted that. A lot of poeple have made the switch and there are lot's of happy users.

There are also a ton of AeroPro fans.

Demo them all!

Even though at first glance it seems all the Babolat Rackets are similar and play about the same, they are all very different. I was extremely surprised at the differences.