PDA

View Full Version : Would This Racquet Be Any Good For A Beginner?

saltwaterserver
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I just started playing a few months ago with a cheap-o garage sale racquet and I think I'm ready to invest in a nicer one. I've been researching this one, but don't know if it would be too much racquet for a rookie. Any suggestions?

http://www.viewonline.com/pages/articles/princeo3hybridshark.htm

Final_Match_Point
04-10-2006, 02:01 AM
If youve only played a few months, I woudl recommend A prince tt-scream os(I use this with about 30 grams of lead added) Or a tt-bandit/warrior. Id stay away from teh head heavy racquets, and lean more towards the 300g even balance or 1-2 points head light racquets. I find super light os frames kill your arm if you mishit(which you will alot) So getting a 300g racquet with even or slightly headlight balance is going to be good, until you learn to apply swingspeed, and SAFELY add power to your shots. THis is w hy i reccomend a slightly higher power racquet(Cmon we all want to hit hard from the get go. Getting a higher powered racquet, is gonna boost up your morale, and keep you away from trying to add your own wrongly added power)

However, racquets in the triple threat series, might be too stiff depending on your actual body. If then, you might want to consider looking at the liquid mental Radical(Its a bit heavier by about 40 grams, but less stiff)

I DO NOT Reccomend any of the wilson hammer line, because of thier head heavieness, and strain on the arm.

nViATi
04-10-2006, 06:23 AM
If youve only played a few months, I woudl recommend A prince tt-scream os(I use this with about 30 grams of lead added) Or a tt-bandit/warrior. Id stay away from teh head heavy racquets, and lean more towards the 300g even balance or 1-2 points head light racquets. I find super light os frames kill your arm if you mishit(which you will alot) So getting a 300g racquet with even or slightly headlight balance is going to be good, until you learn to apply swingspeed, and SAFELY add power to your shots. THis is w hy i reccomend a slightly higher power racquet(Cmon we all want to hit hard from the get go. Getting a higher powered racquet, is gonna boost up your morale, and keep you away from trying to add your own wrongly added power)

However, racquets in the triple threat series, might be too stiff depending on your actual body. If then, you might want to consider looking at the liquid mental Radical(Its a bit heavier by about 40 grams, but less stiff)

I DO NOT Reccomend any of the wilson hammer line, because of thier head heavieness, and strain on the arm.
The TT Warrior is pretty stiff and harsh. It gave me a bit of wrist trouble when I was demoing it.

tarkowski
04-10-2006, 07:24 AM
I just started playing a few months ago with a cheap-o garage sale racquet and I think I'm ready to invest in a nicer one. I've been researching this one, but don't know if it would be too much racquet for a rookie. Any suggestions?

http://www.viewonline.com/pages/articles/princeo3hybridshark.htm

Excellent choice for a first nice racquet. I reccommend the MP.