PDA

View Full Version : Help on Racquet Needed!

FromThailand
04-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Hi Everyone! I've been playing tennis since my childhood, but since I'm now 50 years old, and that I'm not as quick as I used to be to cover the court, I thought about changing my POG OS for a raquet that would be easier to move around. So I bought a nSix-One Tour 90. That's a very good raquet when you hit the sweetspot, but the problem is that I frame my shots too often with it. Perhaps because I went from 110cm to 90cm? Not to mention that this stick is not lighter in weight than my POG. Now I'm thinking about changing for the Prince 03 White that would perhaps be more suitable for me. I know that I should demo the racquet before but...

1. That model hasn't come to Thailand yet and
2. You can't demo any raquets here

I'll have to order it from TW without being able to demo the racquet before.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

jonolau
04-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Perhaps you should get in touch with Anirut from this forum ... he is also from Bangkok.

tarkowski
04-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi Everyone! I've been playing tennis since my childhood, but since I'm now 50 years old, and that I'm not as quick as I used to be to cover the court, I thought about changing my POG OS for a raquet that would be easier to move around. So I bought a nSix-One Tour 90. That's a very good raquet when you hit the sweetspot, but the problem is that I frame my shots too often with it. Perhaps because I went from 110cm to 90cm? Not to mention that this stick is not lighter in weight than my POG. Now I'm thinking about changing for the Prince 03 White that would perhaps be more suitable for me. I know that I should demo the racquet before but...

1. That model hasn't come to Thailand yet and
2. You can't demo any raquets here

I'll have to order it from TW without being able to demo the racquet before.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

The O3 White would definitely move you in the direction you are asking. Compared to the POG OS, the O3 white has more power, is easy to manuever, and is still plenty comfortable on the arm.

FromThailand
04-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Perhaps you should get in touch with Anirut from this forum ... he is also from Bangkok.
I've played with him a few times.

FromThailand
04-10-2006, 08:49 AM
The O3 White would definitely move you in the direction you are asking. Compared to the POG OS, the O3 white has more power, is easy to manuever, and is still plenty comfortable on the arm.
Thanks for your opinion. I will order one straight away.

jonolau
04-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I've played with him a few times.
Small world. I'm supposed to try and meet him when I visit Bangkok next Tue 18/4, but my trip schedule is rather tight. Why don't you try the Volkls? I really think it is a nice player's racquet with one of the best vibration dampening systems in the market. The O3 White is also not too bad a choice. I just demoed one last week, and has great power, but I much prefer a better balance of both.

BTW, I understand a lot of Thais come to Singapore to buy Prince racquets. Seems like it is quite popular there.

FromThailand
04-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Small world. I'm supposed to try and meet him when I visit Bangkok next Tue 18/4, but my trip schedule is rather tight. Why don't you try the Volkls? I really think it is a nice player's racquet with one of the best vibration dampening systems in the market. The O3 White is also not too bad a choice. I just demoed one last week, and has great power, but I much prefer a better balance of both.

BTW, I understand a lot of Thais come to Singapore to buy Prince racquets. Seems like it is quite popular there.

I just ordered an o3 white at the minute. When you're in Bangkok, why don't you give me a ring? Perhaps we could arrange a double with Anirut. He plays at the same place than me not far from where I live. My mobile is: 07-985-3803 and my name is Richard.

jonolau
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I just ordered an o3 white at the minute. When you're in Bangkok, why don't you give me a ring? Perhaps we could arrange a double with Anirut. He plays at the same place than me not far from where I live. My mobile is: 07-985-3803 and my name is Richard.
Hi Richard. I was just sending an email to Anirut to tell him that my timing for this trip is extremely tight. However, I will be going to BKK again 5-6 June and that will be a more relaxed trip. Will probably try and meet up then. I've already taken note of your mobile number and will get in touch.