PDA

View Full Version : Any other Volkl owners from Singapore?

jonolau
04-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Just wondering if there are any other Volkl owners from Singapore?

Tennis_Geek
04-10-2006, 08:00 AM
I have the good ol' original Vario series V1 still in excellent condition.
Still waiting for Volkl pallets in 4-1/4 grip size cos its currently in 4-3/8 size which is a wee bit too big for me.
I think this model is super extinct now.

backhand_finish
04-13-2006, 05:25 PM
hello jonolau.

wyutani
04-13-2006, 05:58 PM
i recently bought the Volkl DNX 8 Racquet. feels crappy though, not that good...:neutral:

bagung
04-13-2006, 06:35 PM
wyutani, where do you buy it in singapore? i am comming to singapore next week, and would like to buy volkl dnx 8 and dnx 9... how much it cost in singapore?

wyutani
04-13-2006, 06:44 PM
In sing dollars, about $234, but didnt you hear me? the racquet aint that good...im still sticking to my original racquet, the babolat pure drives//:rolleyes: anyway, i bought it in orchard, some big shopping center...im a foreigner(permanent resident) in singapore too (Im born in australia), dun know my steps to well here in this small island...

bagung
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
In sing dollars, about $234, but didnt you hear me? the racquet aint that good...im still sticking to my original racquet, the babolat pure drives//:rolleyes: anyway, i bought it in orchard, some big shopping center...im a foreigner(permanent resident) in singapore too (Im born in australia), dun know my steps to well here in this small island...
i bought one two months ago in us, i like dnx8 much better than the apd, however, i think dnx 9 will suit me much better... anyway, will have a look at orchard rd........thanks

jonolau
04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
I presume that it would be a shop called World of Sports at a shopping centre called Wisma Atria.

jonolau
04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
hello jonolau.
Hi backhand.

bagung
04-14-2006, 01:40 AM
I presume that it would be a shop called World of Sports at a shopping centre called Wisma Atria.
jonolau, is dnx 9 available in singapore?

jonolau
04-14-2006, 04:48 AM
jonolau, is dnx 9 available in singapore?
As far as I know, there is no official distributor for Volkl in Singapore since last year, and therefore would be inclined to say that the dnx 9 is not available. However, I can take another look over the weekend and let you know then.

bagung
04-14-2006, 05:35 AM
As far as I know, there is no official distributor for Volkl in Singapore since last year, and therefore would be inclined to say that the dnx 9 is not available. However, I can take another look over the weekend and let you know then.
thank you

ngphilip
04-14-2006, 07:44 AM
yo! great to see fellow singaporeans here!

You can always try Queensway Shopping centre. The most popular tennis shops there are Transworld (on 2nd level), Gala and Sports Shop 2000, both on the 1st level.

cheers
Philip

the well
04-14-2006, 09:07 AM
i quite surprised WOS has the new DNX range as there's been no distributor here(from what i've heard too) even before its release.

milo
04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
i've bought my racquets from gala too in queens eventhough i'm not a singaporean. anybody know where in singapore sell head prestige classic 600? and at what price? or the liquidmetal prestige mid??(price??)

milo
04-14-2006, 09:48 AM

if you take another look over your weekend can you please ask about this racquets for me? (price?) please.....;)
1. head prestige classic 600
2. head liquidmetal prestige mid
3. fischer m speed pro 98
4. wilson pro staff 6.0 85
thanks

wyutani
04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
if you take another look over your weekend can you please ask about this racquets for me? (price?) please.....;)
1. head prestige classic 600
2. head liquidmetal prestige mid
3. fischer m speed pro 98
4. wilson pro staff 6.0 85
thanks

there aint any fischer in singapore though...none that i can think of. but the head liquidmetal costs about 280...it at queensway. i know this cost i check it out last week...

tandayu
04-14-2006, 01:19 PM
yo! great to see fellow singaporeans here!

You can always try Queensway Shopping centre. The most popular tennis shops there are Transworld (on 2nd level), Gala and Sports Shop 2000, both on the 1st level.

cheers
Philip

Any other shops? My colleague banker friend just moved to Singapore, and I will ask him to buy several Asian version Ps tour, Volkl DNX10, etc.

bagung
04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
queensway shopping centre have good tennis shop, where else? do they have good collections of tennis string too? looking for pacific tough gut.......

jonolau
04-15-2006, 01:45 AM
queensway shopping centre have good tennis shop, where else? do they have good collections of tennis string too? looking for pacific tough gut.......
Most of the satellite tennnis shops are located at Queensway Shopping Centre. There is a great variety of strings there, and many of them carry Pacific.

There are also 2 specialty tennis shops in the vicinity of Orchard Road: Lai Sports at the basement of Lucky Plaza, and I can't remember the name of the other which is located at 4th floor of Shaw Centre.

For those working in the banking district, there is Sports Report on the 4th floor of OUB Centre.

These 3 shops carry mainly common racquet brands such as Wilson, Head, Prince, Yonex, Tecnifibre, Dunlop.

jonolau
04-15-2006, 01:51 AM
i quite surprised WOS has the new DNX range as there's been no distributor here(from what i've heard too) even before its release.
Yes, I wrote in to Volkl to try and get hold of a new grommet set and pallets for my C10 Pro. It was then that they told me WOS was terminated last year and they are still in the process of finding a replacement.

milo
04-15-2006, 02:35 AM
there aint any fischer in singapore though...none that i can think of. but the head liquidmetal costs about 280...it at queensway. i know this cost i check it out last week...

as i recall gala sports did carry fischer. is flexpoint prestige already out in singapore?

milo
04-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Any other shops? My colleague banker friend just moved to Singapore, and I will ask him to buy several Asian version Ps tour, Volkl DNX10, etc.

it is hard to find the asian ps tour in queens. because most of them carry ncode n six one tour. but try the sporting goods. they still have the ps tour.

milo
04-15-2006, 02:40 AM

i know that a place to find a good variety of string in queens is transworld sports because it is the only place in queens that sells luxilon strings. others don't

milo
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Yes, I wrote in to Volkl to try and get hold of a new grommet set and pallets for my C10 Pro. It was then that they told me WOS was terminated last year and they are still in the process of finding a replacement.

so, is it still possible to find volkl dnx 10 in singapore? how much?

jonolau
04-15-2006, 05:16 AM
so, is it still possible to find volkl dnx 10 in singapore? how much?
As far as I know, the DNX10 is not available, but I will make a trip there to take a look tomorrow.

If not, I may try and get it from Bangkok, I have a kaki there who can get it 35% off from the Volkl rep. However, they only have the 295gm version. I'm after the 325gm.

bagung
04-15-2006, 05:48 AM
As far as I know, the DNX10 is not available, but I will make a trip there to take a look tomorrow.

If not, I may try and get it from Bangkok, I have a kaki there who can get it 35% off from the Volkl rep. However, they only have the 295gm version. I'm after the 325gm.
in indonesia, they have only dnx10 295g too cost usd 175.... but i am looking for dnx 9..... hope it is available in singapore

ngphilip
04-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Was at Gala this afternoon to buy some grips and I am sure I saw the Fisher M Speed Pro 98 for S$239. Don't think I saw any Volkl though. They have some Liquidmetals but not the Prestige or Radicals.

The shop at Shaw Centre is called Leisure Sports but they are mostly Gamma string distributor and stock only mainstream racquets like Prince, Head & Wilson. They do seem to have a wide range of 2nd hand racquets.

I think the best range is still to be found in among the 3 key shops at Queensway Shopping Centre. Don't waste too much time travelling to the other far out shops.

Transworld sometimes do import their own racquets. Talk to Eric about your needs.

cheers

jonolau
04-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks, Philip. Sportslink in Queensway does have some older model Volkls. Saw some Catapults, V-Engines, and C10s about a month ago.

milo
04-15-2006, 09:16 AM
in indonesia, they have only dnx10 295g too cost usd 175.... but i am looking for dnx 9..... hope it is available in singapore

where did you find the dnx10?at what stores? thx

milo
04-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Was at Gala this afternoon to buy some grips and I am sure I saw the Fisher M Speed Pro 98 for S$239. Don't think I saw any Volkl though. They have some Liquidmetals but not the Prestige or Radicals.

The shop at Shaw Centre is called Leisure Sports but they are mostly Gamma string distributor and stock only mainstream racquets like Prince, Head & Wilson. They do seem to have a wide range of 2nd hand racquets.

I think the best range is still to be found in among the 3 key shops at Queensway Shopping Centre. Don't waste too much time travelling to the other far out shops.

Transworld sometimes do import their own racquets. Talk to Eric about your needs.

cheers

last year i was looking for rdx 500 mid. and transworld (eric) said that he had no more. so i go to gala (alan) and they try to find one for me although it takes about a week.
are you sure that gala didn't have any prestiges? anyone know where to find the prestige classic 600 in sg?

altis
04-15-2006, 10:16 AM

very surprised to hear that the DNX8 is available in Singapore. I'll buy it from you if you're selling.

altis
04-15-2006, 10:24 AM
anybody know where in singapore sell head prestige classic 600? and at what price?

Believe its extinct in singapore. Would reckon some Singaporeans would be buying this classic racket from TW. :)

altis
04-15-2006, 10:28 AM
looking for pacific tough gut.......

if you're buying bulk, would suggest you go to the Pacific strings distributor at Textile Centre 4th level. Pro Kennex rackets are also available.

altis
04-15-2006, 10:40 AM
You could order the LM prestige from Sports Report, OUB Centre.

For asian ps tour90 or tour100, try Weston Corporation at top level of Peninsula Shopping Centre.

Cheers

bagung
04-15-2006, 03:02 PM
where did you find the dnx10?at what stores? thx
they are the agent for volkl, located in surabaya... however i contact their sub agent via phone call in jkt at (21) 7900871.... hope it helps

jonolau
04-15-2006, 04:25 PM
if you're buying bulk, would suggest you go to the Pacific strings distributor at Textile Centre 4th level. Pro Kennex rackets are also available.
Yeah, I heard about this PK shop. Can you give me their address? Might take a saunter over there, but better not bring my wallet in case I buy something .... LOL.

bagung
04-15-2006, 05:31 PM
heard from someone, tennis string is much cheaper in us than in sin????????

jonolau
04-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi guys, just came back from a trip to Wisma Atria ... it was a disaster!!! I walked out of the shop with 2 new Volkl racquets in hand ...

By some miracle, I found one last piece of Tour 10 V-Engine Mid in 4 1/4, which is exactly what I am using as my main stick. I quickly picked it up for S$149 (abt US$90). Also picked up a Tour 10 X-tended for S$129 (abt US$78 ).

They still have about 4 pieces of Tour 9 V-Engine (3 18x20, 1 16x19), grip size btwn 4 3/8 and 4 1/2 at S$149. There were also some Tour 6 & 7, Tour 66. But unfortunately no Catapults or DNXs.

So much for my recce ...

jonolau
04-16-2006, 12:19 AM
heard from someone, tennis string is much cheaper in us than in sin????????
Yes, I would think they would be cheaper if you buy in bulk.

jonolau
04-16-2006, 05:10 AM
Believe its extinct in singapore. Would reckon some Singaporeans would be buying this classic racket from TW. :)
Ha ha, agree. Best bet is to get from TW. However, I also managed to bring in some racquets from a chap on E B A Y called racketguy located in Canada. He has very good ratings and was reliable. Prompt and goods arrived in great condition.

But another option is to do a bulk purchase to save on shipping costs. In case anyone is interested in consolidating a purchase with TW, I'm intending to import a Prince O3 White L1 grip for my wife. Email me if anyone is interested.

milo
04-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi guys, just came back from a trip to Wisma Atria ... it was a disaster!!! I walked out of the shop with 2 new Volkl racquets in hand ...

By some miracle, I found one last piece of Tour 10 V-Engine Mid in 4 1/4, which is exactly what I am using as my main stick. I quickly picked it up for S$149 (abt US$90). Also picked up a Tour 10 X-tended for S$129 (abt US$78 ).

They still have about 4 pieces of Tour 9 V-Engine (3 18x20, 1 16x19), grip size btwn 4 3/8 and 4 1/2 at S$149. There were also some Tour 6 & 7, Tour 66. But unfortunately no Catapults or DNXs.

So much for my recce ...

ah congrats my friend, you have buy a racquet of your choice in a very attractive price or even low price.

milo
04-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Ha ha, agree. Best bet is to get from TW. However, I also managed to bring in some racquets from a chap on E B A Y called racketguy located in Canada. He has very good ratings and was reliable. Prompt and goods arrived in great condition.

But another option is to do a bulk purchase to save on shipping costs. In case anyone is interested in consolidating a purchase with TW, I'm intending to import a Prince O3 White L1 grip for my wife. Email me if anyone is interested.

if you buy goods from TW, did the custom charge you for tax? if they do, how much?

milo
04-16-2006, 05:24 AM
they are the agent for volkl, located in surabaya... however i contact their sub agent via phone call in jkt at (21) 7900871.... hope it helps

thx for the info. btw the price of strings in us is cheaper than in sg

jonolau
04-16-2006, 06:05 AM
if you buy goods from TW, did the custom charge you for tax? if they do, how much?
No, Singapore customs did not charge anything.

jonolau
04-16-2006, 06:06 AM
ah congrats my friend, you have buy a racquet of your choice in a very attractive price or even low price.
Yes, thank you, but this puts even more pressure on me as my wife has been asking me to get her a new racquet ...

milo
04-16-2006, 09:34 AM
ah i would like to order prestige classic from TW. but it seems the pre order hasn't available yet. btw how many racquets do you have now?

jonolau
04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
ah i would like to order prestige classic from TW. but it seems the pre order hasn't available yet. btw how many racquets do you have now?
Let's see now ...

1 x Volkl Quantum 10
1 x Volkl C10 Pro
1 x Volkl Catapult 10
2 x Volkl Tour 10 mid V-Engine
1 x Volkl Tour 10 X-Tended
1 x Head Flexpoint Radical Tour
1 x Wilson ProStaff 95
1 x Wilson HyperHammer 6.3

altis
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
No, Singapore customs did not charge anything.

I understand that any purchase of more than SGD400 (including freight charges) from an overseas retailer, will be subject to 5% Goods and Services Tax.

bagung
04-16-2006, 10:40 PM
so, no chance of getting dnx 9 in singapore ?????

jonolau
04-16-2006, 10:53 PM
so, no chance of getting dnx 9 in singapore ?????
Unfortunately not. However, it should be available in Thailand, but prices there are quite fixed.