PDA

View Full Version : NXG OS vs. POG OS

vkartikv
04-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Has anyone played with both and can comment about their differences/similarities? I am looking for something with a big head with a thin beam and solid weight for a junior who is currently using a PK 5G PSE. He is 6'3 170 and needs something heavy but a little more maneuvarable than the PK.

Both the POG OS and NXG OS seem good on paper but I have played with neither, so any input will be appreciated.

SteveI
04-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Has anyone played with both and can comment about their differences/similarities? I am looking for something with a big head with a thin beam and solid weight for a junior who is currently using a PK 5G PSE. He is 6'3 170 and needs something heavy but a little more maneuvarable than the PK.

Both the POG OS and NXG OS seem good on paper but I have played with neither, so any input will be appreciated.

Hi,

One handed backhand or two? The POG O/S is very maneuvarable where as the NXG O/S is very much not IMHO. I would not advise a player with a one-handed backhand to use this frame. The SW is quite high on the NXG and it is more string sensitive than the POG. I played an entire season with the POG O/S.. and loved the framed. Just a bit heavy to use over long matches.. or tourneys for me. I demoed the NXG O/S and put it down in less than an hour. The POG O/S all the way IMHO. Hope this is of some help.

Regards,
Steve

louis netman
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
POG OS has got to be one of the sweetest OS frames ever made...

TENNIS_IS_FUN
04-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi,

One handed backhand or two? The POG O/S is very maneuvarable where as the NXG O/S is very much not IMHO.

I have both these rackets in my bag right now, and agree with the above statment 100%.

vkartikv
04-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi,

One handed backhand or two? The POG O/S is very maneuvarable where as the NXG O/S is very much not IMHO. I would not advise a player with a one-handed backhand to use this frame. The SW is quite high on the NXG and it is more string sensitive than the POG. I played an entire season with the POG O/S.. and loved the framed. Just a bit heavy to use over long matches.. or tourneys for me. I demoed the NXG O/S and put it down in less than an hour. The POG O/S all the way IMHO. Hope this is of some help.

Regards,
Steve

1 HBH and stays at the back of the court at all times. I was considering the NXGs because of the price. I suppose the POGs do stand the test of time :)

SteveI
04-11-2006, 04:02 AM
1 HBH and stays at the back of the court at all times. I was considering the NXGs because of the price. I suppose the POGs do stand the test of time :)

Hi,

If he was a short, power-baseliner with a two-handed BH.. I would say the NXG for extra pop and help with the serve. Being 6-3 and a one-hander.. the POG O/S for sure. If he starts coming forward to close points.. the POG O/S is the better frame to be sure.. and if he has to play doubles.. again the POG O/S.

Regards,
Steve

byealmeens
04-11-2006, 04:52 AM
I think the two are very different. The NXG is considerably more powerful than the POG, and is longer, which feels great on the serve. Off the ground, the POG is more consistent and predictable. Just depends on preference.

Ripper
04-11-2006, 05:46 AM

Also, consider these options:

1) O3 Tour OS (which is 27.5 inches long as is the NXG OS)

2) O3 Tour OS cut down to 27 inches*

3) NXG OS cut down to 27 inches*

*Both these raquets seem to have higher swingweights than the POG OS, but could be better if cut down to 27 inches... just an idea...

vkartikv
04-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Also, consider these options:

1) O3 Tour OS (which is 27.5 inches long as is the NXG OS)

2) O3 Tour OS cut down to 27 inches*

3) NXG OS cut down to 27 inches*

*Both these raquets seem to have higher swingweights than the POG OS, but could be better if cut down to 27 inches... just an idea...

Thanks, I never did look into the o3 tour OS. It is also a little overpriced but I would like to get some feedback on it.