PDA

View Full Version : Negatives of RDS 001 MP and RDS 003?

BjornBorg
04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
It just hasn't seemed to me that these rackets have gotten much positive attention. Regarding the 001 MP, why haven't more people liked this frame? What about this stick doesn't work well for a 4.5 and above player?

What about the 003? It's nicely weighted and more head light than the RDX 300 MP--wouldn't that appeal to players who liked the RDX 300 but wanted more racket speed and better finesse?

Pros and cons of these two new frames? thanks!

Ken B.
04-10-2006, 12:43 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=93523

My own comments about the RDS 001 Mid.

Basically, I like my RDX better.

byealmeens
04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I think he's asking about the MidPlus frames. There has been a lot of discussion about the mids, but not much on the MP. I too would like to read some reviews of the two, particularly the RDS001 MP.

backcourt
04-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Bjorn, I am currently playing with an 003, which I like overall, as it has more pop than the RDX 300, particularly on serves and onehanded backhands. However, the one thing I am stil trying to adjust to is its somewhat high swingweight, which I put over th 315 found by TW, and its not quite as headlight as I would like, despite the TW 12pts rating, which I think is definitely high. Consequently, I have only played with it about 4 or 5 times, pretty much all doubles, but havenot yet found my grove with topspin forehands, as it doesn't come over the ball as quickly as I 'm used to. I suspect this is just an adjustment, and now that the weather is getting nice I can go out and hit singles with it and get there. Otherwise, I really like the racquet for onehanded backhands, serving and volleys, which makes it a great double stick.

Ripper
04-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Bjorn, I am currently playing with an 003, which I like overall, as it has more pop than the RDX 300, particularly on serves and onehanded backhands. However, the one thing I am stil trying to adjust to is its somewhat high swingweight, which I put over th 315 found by TW, and its not quite as headlight as I would like, despite the TW 12pts rating, which I think is definitely high. Consequently, I have only played with it about 4 or 5 times, pretty much all doubles, but havenot yet found my grove with topspin forehands, as it doesn't come over the ball as quickly as I 'm used to. I suspect this is just an adjustment, and now that the weather is getting nice I can go out and hit singles with it and get there. Otherwise, I really like the racquet for onehanded backhands, serving and volleys, which makes it a great double stick.

What kind of 1HBHs do you hit? Normally, a raquet that's good for top spin 1HBHs should be good for top spin FHs, unless you're talking about 1HBH slices; that's a different animal...

backcourt
04-11-2006, 05:58 AM
What kind of 1HBHs do you hit? Normally, a raquet that's good for top spin 1HBHs should be good for top spin FHs, unless you're talking about 1HBH slices; that's a different animal...

You nailed it Ripper. I hit mostly all slice backhands. I also think its a great racquet for blocking back backhand returns. Bjorn was looking for negatives and thats the only one IMO. I think its just a matter of adjusting to a slightly slower racquet head speed.

BjornBorg
04-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys. I really do like the 003. The 001 did not feel as playable and I seem to serve and volley better with the 003. Also, I think topspin is a bit easier as well.

How could tennis warehouse be so OFF with the head points lightness? I agree this is about 6-7 pointy head light--nowhere near 12 points. I actually wanted it to be closer to 9-10 points head light.

I've also demoed the DNX 8 but I think the 003 is a bit more stable for groundies and a bit more powerful on serves. Do others agree?

SC in MA
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys. I really do like the 003. The 001 did not feel as playable and I seem to serve and volley better with the 003. Also, I think topspin is a bit easier as well.

How could tennis warehouse be so OFF with the head points lightness? I agree this is about 6-7 pointy head light--nowhere near 12 points. I actually wanted it to be closer to 9-10 points head light.

I've also demoed the DNX 8 but I think the 003 is a bit more stable for groundies and a bit more powerful on serves. Do others agree?Bjorn: How does the Swingweight feel compared to the DNX8, or any other racket you can compare it to ? Does it feel more like 320 rather than the TW listed 315 ?

BjornBorg
04-11-2006, 01:50 PM
I guess I could say it feels closer to 318ish or so. It's just perfect for me and needs no lead whatsoever. It's weird because I think I can handle the 27.25 and actually BENEFIT from the extra 1/4 inch. But the 1/2 inch definitely feels too much at times--especially at net.

I think the NSRQ-7 would be a better stick if they made it 27.25. I don't think 27.5 sticks are generally good ideas.