PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Radical

zAllianceBmx
04-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Now let me say i was really impressed by this racquet. My friend let me try it out today since he was demoing it and it hit like a dream. It isnt as demanding to play with compared to my rdx's and directional control was so precise. You definately have to generate your own power but that wasnt a problem. My style of play involves very loopy hit balls that feel pretty heavy. My forehand is similar to that of nadal's. With the flexpoint..i dont know what it was but all my shots were straight power shots with plenty of spin. Im guessing the 18x20 pattern helped flatten out my shots by not having too much bite into the ball but i did like it. I only hit with it for like 20 minutes so i dont have too much to say but i really enjoyed hitting with it. Now if only i didnt have 3 rdx's..id try it out more and maybe make a switch.

thomas martinez
04-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Where on Long Island are you/ I'm out here too

wyutani
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
didnt agassi used that racquet?

Court_Jester
04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
didnt agassi used that racquet?
Nah, everyone knows that he's using a pj (paint job). Try looking for a pic of Andre and look closely at the "holes" in his racquet. Hint: there aren't any.

Head_Rocketman
04-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Nah, everyone knows that he's using a pj (paint job). Try looking for a pic of Andre and look closely at the "holes" in his racquet. Hint: there aren't any.
I believe he uses a prestige classic

ragnaROK
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
i was impressed by the mp of that racket. it felt very flexy and comfortable.

Shinichi
04-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I have all 3 versions ... yay me!
well, I actually like the Tour version the most, but it's too heavy whenever it comes to a serve .. It hurted my shoulder like crazy, so I had to switch back to the MP.
MP is a great stick , even tho it has less spin than the Tour, but it's awesome in term of control.
The OS is also great .. it just that I don't use the OS that much, so I trade it with my dad. :)

ace of spades
04-11-2006, 06:47 PM
wtf? doesent he use an os racket? prestige classic only comes in 90

Duzza
04-12-2006, 01:09 AM
he uses a ti. radical evryone knows that

Ripper
04-12-2006, 07:15 AM

Amazing the visual effects you can get with paint jobs.

kwk1189
04-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I actually like the Tour version the most, but it's too heavy whenever it comes to a serve .. It hurted my shoulder like crazy, so I had to switch back to the MP.
MP is a great stick , even tho it has less spin than the Tour, but it's awesome in term of control.
The OS is also great .. it just that I don't use the OS that much, so I trade it with my dad. :)

i also have the tour and my dad has the os. the tour is def my fav of the two. the extra weight behind it is perfect. i have not had the chance to hit with the normal mp but i still like the tour the best.

zAllianceBmx
04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Where on Long Island are you/ I'm out here too

suffolk county thomas. longwood school district area. what about you?

Head_Rocketman
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Threads have come and gone about the conversation about paintjobs. It is clear from many pictures that the flexpoint that Agassi seems to use is only paint. There are no holes, as seen by the lack of protrusion from the flexpoint sections in relation to the head guard. Agassi's and Safins head guards are solid all throughout and around the head, flexpoints head guards jut out at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. You can also see the black paint where the holes are supposed to be to make it look like the white flexpoint sections have depth, in the real flexpoints there is no black on the all white flexpoint sections.

thomas martinez
04-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, only similarities between Andre's frame and the FXP Radical, are, they're both made of graphite and made by Head. As for me, good ol Smithtown

DXS
04-13-2006, 05:56 AM
I've hit with the MP and OS and decided that the OS best suits my game. It gives me the ability to hit on the rise a little more consistantly. It's also a great volly stick. The only down side I find to the OS is that it is difficult for me to hit kick serves. It's probably something that I'm doing wrong, but I never had an issue serving with my PD+'s.

-ds