PDA

View Full Version : RDX 500 MP vs. RDS 001 MP impressions

Tommy Haas
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
* deleted *

counterpuncher
04-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I have owned and played with the RDX and now own and play with the RDS. The main difference for me is the stiffness of the RDS. Not that it is stiff in relative terms but certainly does not flex as much the RDX.

The RDX definitely had more spin for me and slightly better control. The RDS has more power and is a lot better to serve with. It also has a more of a dampened feel, most likely due to the soft grommets.

I prefer the RDS as I was after a little more power and a better serving stick and I was happy to give up a little spin production and control to obtain it.

betiYonex
04-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Hi folks.
I┤m a YONEX fan. My nick says "allways Yonex" in bask.
RDX is the only one of my previous Yonex sticks I┤ve used without customization. Solid an stable, with Gosen polylon 1.24 the perfect combination. I thought these 3 sticks to be the final weapon for me.
I've let another teacher and Yonex fan to convince me about the new RDS and the more power generated and I've ordered my 3 news.
I hope I will enjoy and appreciate that more power without sacrificing the solidnes and control of the RDX. We'll know it in 10 days.
By the day I'm so engagged with the RDX that I don┤t think about selling them. The first idea of switching them by day or night is curious, but perhaps I'll do something like. Winter and summer. Clay or fast. I'll think.
Or ┐will the RDS become my new racquet in love and then I'll sell them?

Regards

P.D.- Yes, i agree. I must take again my english lessons. Sorry.

ragnaROK
04-11-2006, 04:20 AM
I think the RDS line is a easier to use than the RDX series. They just stiffening things up to give a little more power. After trying both, I still prefer the RDX because of the control and the spin potential.

Tommy Haas
04-11-2006, 10:11 PM
* deleted *

Kevo
04-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I used BDE 16 at 65lbs in my RDX 500 mid and I thought it was both comfortable and too powerful. I am always a little shocked to see that people can play with gut at such low tensions. I can almost play with syn gut at about 50lbs, but I really have to hold back a lot. Maybe the 17g is actually less powerful than the 16g. Is that possible? If you want to try a really soft and powerful synthetic, try Head Fibergel Power 16. If you want to try something that you can string a little tighter and still have excellent comfort try Babolat Powergy.

Tommy Haas
04-12-2006, 06:27 PM
* deleted *

Kevo
04-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Powergy is 16g at 1.30mm I believe. It is not stiff at all. The thing about powergy is that it really is more elastic similar to gut except the elasticity does have a limit. So if you find the right tension, it's not too powerful, but still pockets the ball and absorbs a good bit of shock. You can feel the ball on the strings but it doesn't stretch forever, so the ball comes off quick enough. I strung it at 58 once and it felt like an overly powerful gut-like string. Not quite like gut because you can tell it has a hint of nylon twang, but very slight. At 60lbs though, the ball didn't spray and it had that flexy feel of the racket bending, but not too much. Just enough extra to give you the sense you had some added control and feel. I liked it a lot. I may have to try the Fibergel 16 just to see what it's like. I've tried Fibergel Power but not the plain Fibergel. The power version is good, but it has a little too much pop for my taste, and even stringing it up around 62 it doesn't tone it down quite enough for me.