PDA

View Full Version : Changing racquets...but what to try?

aznbum
04-10-2006, 04:26 PM
wassup,

Right now im planning on getting another racquet and using my Ncode 90 as my backup racquet, ive decided that i want a bigger head size, most likely up to a 95-98 sq in. I use a full western forehand, and a 2HB, and mainly a slice serve.

The racquets im considering to demo are:

Dunlop M-Fil 200
WIlson ncode 95 16x18
Prince o3 tour MS
Babolat Pure Control Standard

No head or yonex racquets for me, ive used em before and i think they are eh.

Im looking for something just as maneuverable at net as the ncode 90. Im mainly looking for a bigger head size to help my western forehand, cauz im finding myself framing the ball a bit more now that im swinging a lot quicker.

WayneCM
04-10-2006, 04:32 PM
prince hornet hybrid???? Pure Drive Roddick.... I use this myself and i find it very usefull and i'm a 2handed backhander and my forehand is western/semi western... I also play a fair bit of doubles and it's not bad 4 volleying..

aznbum
04-10-2006, 04:43 PM
ive tried the old pure drive, was fun to pound serves with but I didnt like the feel of the racquet tho

texcoug
04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I just went through a whirlwind starting with the Diablo Mid -- to the Bab PCZ 360 -- to 03 Red -- to lower powered OS (03 Tour and iRadical OS) -- to Radical Team.

Finally, I went back to 100" and settled on the RDS 003, which is 27.25 (with extra grip length -- great for 2hbh), is 65 flex (nice and crisp), HL (as much as 6 pts), 11 0z, and light sw. Check it out. It is not a thin, straight beam, but is not as thick as some other (like PD).