PDA

View Full Version : new wilson racquets next month??

tom-selleck
04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
curious if anyone else has heard this.....

i was at a big sporting goods store in SF bay area. and the salesman said that wilson is coming out with some major new racquets next month (the sales guy just found out the other day).

i've seen a small amount of talk about new racquets on here but not alot.

he specifically mentioned it when i was holding the ncode 6.1 95.... i'm hoping maybe they lower the prices on existing models.

i looked for similar thread before starting this but couldn't find one.

snoflewis
04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
well...if he's referring to the n6.2 and npro open...they're already out. i don't really see the prices of n6.1s going down, but in a lot of places, they've already lowered the prices of other rackest such as the nPS and the nPro

tom-selleck
04-10-2006, 04:49 PM
well...if he's referring to the n6.2 and npro open...they're already out. i don't really see the prices of n6.1s going down, but in a lot of places, they've already lowered the prices of other rackest such as the nPS and the nPro

thanks, i didn't realize that specifically.

SFrazeur
04-10-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm hoping maybe they lower the prices on existing

models.

I seriously doubt that Wilson would since none of the new and coming

racquets are updates or upgrades to existing models.

snoflewis
04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I seriously doubt that Wilson would since none of the new and coming

racquets are updates or upgrades to existing models.

im not sure about wilson, but many stores have already reduced the prices on some rackets, like the nPros and nPS like i've stated earlier...

vkartikv
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Not to go against the flow but how many of you actually look forward to (trying) new racquets given the fact that little progress is being made?

SFrazeur
04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
im not sure about wilson, but many stores have already reduced the prices on some rackets, like the nPros and nPS like i've stated earlier...

Those racquets did not sell well though. (Nro 98, NPS 95)

lacoster
04-10-2006, 06:44 PM
....and also the nTours nProSurges got shifted to the sale section recently at my club. The n6.2 and nBlade took their places on display.
________
Weed tracker (http://dispensaries.org/)

SFrazeur
04-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Clubs with limited shelf space would put older still supported racquets on

clearance to make room for new shiny racquets.

imadeulook
04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
how bout the nfury?:mrgreen:

SFrazeur
04-10-2006, 07:41 PM
What about the Nfury? I think that is what will replace the Npro 98.

thinkhard
04-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Not to go against the flow but how many of you actually look forward to (trying) new racquets given the fact that little progress is being made?

normally, I love to try out new racquets, but lately even the new "player's" racquets have been tweeners.
Has anyone else noticed that almost all of the racquets that companies have been coming out with are tweeners (even the ones that they are calling control racquets)?

Ezekiel
04-11-2006, 05:07 AM
(to snofelis)
sorry guys i cant resist..... GO RUSSELL PETERS!!!!!!!!! search it on limewire or seearch engine and download IMMEDIATELY~!!!! GAHHHHHHH the funnyness is undescribable

Say Chi Sin Lo
04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
where did you go in SF? Don Sherwoods (i suppose it's called ********* now)

I used to work there 3years ago, when i was in high school

LowProfile
04-11-2006, 04:51 PM
The Wilson new racquets being released this year are the nBlade, n6-2, nPro Open and nPro Open X, n5 Force, and nFury.

The n5 Force is basically a little heavier and more powerful than the regular n5. It has more power but is probably less manuverable.

The nFury doesn't look anywhere like the nPro spec-wise. It's almost got the same specs as the nPS 95, but almost 2 ounces lighter. It's a little headlight, comes in a midplus and oversize (not quite sure about this), and has a 23 mm beam. Seems like a perfect racquet to begin customization with.

snoflewis
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
(to snofelis)
sorry guys i cant resist..... GO RUSSELL PETERS!!!!!!!!! search it on limewire or seearch engine and download IMMEDIATELY~!!!! GAHHHHHHH the funnyness is undescribable

haha
definitely...although i prefer Ares over Limewire