PDA

View Full Version : Is the Babolat Pure drive + for short ppl?

wyutani
04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
ok, i bought the babolat pure drive plus august last year. I didnt know at that time that plus racquets are longer than standard ones, so i blindly bought it at that time. I used it for the first time and i suck at it...i remembered a few girls outside the tennis court s******ing at me, very embarrassing...ok, anyhow, i've been using the Pure drive plus racquet for many months now and i seem to master it. do you think i mastered using it becos im short? im really short, but a bit taller than rochus...haha, thanks...pardon my terrible english...

DRtenniS1112
04-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I use the aeropro drive plus which as you may or may not know is just like the pure drive but with the aero modular frame shape. I am 6'4" and still use the plus size. I find it to feel more normal than a shorter racket and this is why i feel comfortable with it. Shorter people use it for a little extra reach n pop or whatever and i use it cuz it feels better.

goober
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Generally tall people handle plus racquets better than short people. But 0.5 inch is not that really big of a deal.

FWIW, WTA player Anna Smashnova was using a PD+ last time I checked and she is 5'2" with a one handed backhand!

wyutani
04-10-2006, 08:57 PM
unfortunately...im only stuck wif the racquet wif the plus sign. dunno why...got used to it. i tried using the Aeropro (standard length) but it felt awkward and i serve like a girl using it...anyhow im like 168 cm, not that tall...

nViATi
04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
unfortunately...im only stuck wif the racquet wif the plus sign. dunno why...got used to it. i tried using the Aeropro (standard length) but it felt awkward and i serve like a girl using it...anyhow im like 168 cm, not that tall...
The Aeropro is a different racquet than the Pure Drive. Try a standard PURE DRIVE.

TEAM ZERO
04-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Ivan Ljubicic uses the PD+ and hez huge so i think anyone can use as long as they prefer shorter length racquets!?

munk3y
04-11-2006, 06:14 AM
You are only 2 cm taller than me. I use a standard length racquet and it does me fine. It's personal preference. Play with whatever you like...just don't play with W-Line racquets or I'd have to shoot you.

Galactus
04-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Roddick, Ljubicic - both about 6'2" - 6'4"

wyutani
04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
You are only 2 cm taller than me. I use a standard length racquet and it does me fine. It's personal preference. Play with whatever you like...just don't play with W-Line racquets or I'd have to shoot you.

what is a W-line racquet?

J-man
04-11-2006, 09:08 AM
no i would say height has nothing to do with it. look at andy roddick he's like 6'3 and he uses the a 27.5 in racket.

Golden Retriever
04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
NO, you shouldn't play with an extended racquet. Why you want to play with an extended racquet anyway? Feeling inadequate about the size of your club?

jonolau
04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
what is a W-line racquet?
New line of racquets by Wilson designed and marketed specifically for women ...

cabernetjunkie
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
No, it doesnt have anything to do with how short you are.

highsierra
04-11-2006, 09:34 AM
NO, you shouldn't play with an extended racquet. Why you want to play with an extended racquet anyway? Feeling inadequate about the size of your club?

Not sure how 27 inch became THE standard. Considering the different sizes, builds, strength among people. I'm actually suprised that we don't customize our racket length like golfers do to their clubs. If you're 6'4 with a strong arm, I'd think you'd benefit a lot from a longer racket, heck, 29 in long. Yeah a longer racket is harder to control but remember you're a strong guy, got be able to swing it with a lot more control than a girl with a 27 racket. Just imagine the court coverage, you literally need to run no more than two steps to cover from sideline to sideline.

I don't know, tennis racket seems to be the only thing guys feel proud of if it's short :mrgreen:

Golden Retriever
04-11-2006, 09:39 AM
For your information, I play with a cut-down 18in squash racquet.

bee
04-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I'd say the extra-length racquets are more likely to hurt your arm if you're short. It's going to be more of a lever effect on your proportionately shorter arm. I'm 5'7" and they don't agree with me.

Ripper
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
"Is the Babolat Pure drive + for short ppl?"

Imo, a short person can use any raquet length he/she wants, as long as he/she's not scrapping the floor with the raquet; that's why kids use shorter than standard length raquets. Tall people can use anything they want.

Edit: Forget about the idiotic "rules".