PDA

View Full Version : leather...does it really matter?

moosryan
04-10-2006, 07:13 PM
If you're going to be using an overgrip on top of your leather grip...does it really matter which one you get?

thanks,
moos.

PM_
04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I really don't think it does unless you have a preference from past exprerience.
The sticky above is really irrelevant too b/c you're gonna have to cut off the end anyway and some who have 2HBs (like me) tape further up the throat than others do-so weight is not really an issue. Some leathers may be easier to stretch than others so there may be an advantage there but so far I've only dealt with Wilson and Prince leathers and to me-leather is leather.

thomas martinez
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
What it comes down to Moos, do you like a slightly more squishy feel, or a rather firm feel If you like the firm feel, then you gravitate toward leather, or less cushioned syntheitc grips like the Hi Tec or say Head SofTac, or SofTac traction. If you like a mid cushion, the Price Duratac, Duratred, Duraperf, Babolat Syntec, Wilson Perforated, MicroDry Max, the one used on the nBlade, Head HydroSorb, and a few other I cannot recall off the top of my head. It's all down to preference. Though keep in mind with the leather you WILL add weight.

louis netman
04-10-2006, 10:14 PM
If you're going to be using an overgrip on top of your leather grip...does it really matter which one you get?

thanks,
moos.

everything matters in tennis...