PDA

View Full Version : DNX V1 OS power level?

topper#1
04-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Can anyone compare to other rackets they have used. How does it serve?

byealmeens
04-11-2006, 05:46 AM
I think it's tough to compare this one to other frames, as I don't know that I've personally hit with anything like it. I felt, however, that in comparison to the Quantum V1 OS, and Cat V1 OS, the DNX had much more control, and a bit less power. I was very surprised at how controllable this frame was, considering the head-size and stiffness and length. I think the frame does have a smaller sweetspot, and swings lighter, so is a bit less stable than the others. However, if you're looking for a powerboost from the V1 MP series of frames without losing much of the control, the DNX OS will get you there.

Proud Pusher
04-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I have been playing doubles with the DNX os and singles with the
QV1 mp lately.

I prefer the QV1 for the control due to the less power. However the
DNX V1 os serves better than anything I've used. Also volleys better.

Everything is always a tradeoff!

Ken

topper#1
04-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Ken, what string and tension are you using in the DNX and have you tried a Poly to tame the power? From what I have hear this is an "arm friendly" frame - is that correct?

topper#1
04-11-2006, 01:58 PM
PP, went out and hit a basket today and this may be the best serving OS (110) I have ever served with. Just get the racket going and it was incredibly easy to generate pace with accuracy, very nice spin potential as well. Added 10mph at least over my Cat8 VE. Have not had a chance ot hit groundies yet.

tennisnj
04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Having played frequently w/the Cat V1 OS, the Quantum V1 OS & the DNX V1 OS, I can rate the 3 like this:

Control (from most to least) Power Spin

Cat DNX DNX
Quantum Quantum Quantum
DNX Cat Cat

I noticed that the Cat had a very muted feel to it, too much for my taste, despite various string gauges & tensions.
The DNX definitely had the biggest sweetspot, & mis-hits off of it weren't as big a problem as the Quantum or Cat. IMO the Cat line in general is harsh on the arm (for Volkl users). The DNX & Quantum are much more arm friendly.
Volleying & serving was at its strongest using the DNX.

Also, Proud Pusher knows what he's talking about. I'd trust his judgement & opinion.

Proud Pusher
04-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Topper #1 - I have tried every string under the sun and always end up
coming back to Natural Gut or a ng hybrid. I do not like the harsh feel
of poly's.

String anywhere from 55 to 58 on mine. The DNX V1 os is extremely com-
fortable and arm friendly just like the QV1 mp which I also use. Again, the
extra length of the DNX V1 os makes a huge difference in serving compared
to a 27" frame in my opinion.

Never tried the DNX V1 mp based on feedback here that the oversize is
a better hit. If the mp was longer than 27", It could be the perfect frame
for me. And the search continues...............!!

Ken

topper#1
04-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Thx PP. I cannot believe how well this frame serves, I have never used a 110, even in an extended length, that serves nearly this well. It does not feel like a 110 when serving. And you do not have to swing hard, just take a nice easy motion and the weight/balance seem to take over and produce some serious pace and/or spin.