PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Magnetic Speed

BluDiamond
04-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Do you think there will be a 27.5 inch version of the Magnetic Speed. The Fischer Pro No1 Ft. is 27.4 inches so anyone who has played with both this and the Magnetic Speed could they compare them (post comments on either one). I would like to know the differences in power and ease of generating spin. Your views are much appreciated. Thanks

Bora
04-11-2006, 07:14 AM
I asked the same question last week. The odds are they might be a Magnetic Pro Tour that is longer than standard.

I haven't hit with the Pro No 1 FT but I have a Pro Tour FT which is also 27.4 inches but slightly heavier and constant beam. I think both of these racquets are top notch. The Magnetic Pro One has a bigger sweet spot than the previous Pro Ones. Its a great racquet overall. The Pro Tour FT is also a great racquet and its one of the cleanest hitting racquets I have ever seen.

In D Zone
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
MPRO weighs 12 oz and the Pro #1 FT is at 11oz.

I demo the MPRO 98 and Pro Tour Extreme FT 95. I settled with the Extreme FT because of its lighter swing weight. I found the MPro plays similar to my Dunlop M Fil 200. I enjoyed playing with the MPRO but after 45 minutes into it I felt my arms tiring. Great control and the racquet frame is flexible which is great for dampening virbrations. Volleys well and I was able to hit with my forehand with power.

The purchased the Pro #1 FT for my younger son (14 yrs old) and he loves it. He found the racquet offers great control and power. Its a little heavier than his Yonex RQ7 but is able to swing the racquet with ease. I noticed the velocity of his groudstrokes and topspins have increased as well. As for me I found the Pro #1 FT to be too light - that is why I opted to play with the Extreme FT.

Both the MPro and the Pro #1 FT have the same string pattern so I would say you'll be rewarded with great power and top spin kicks. The question for you is which racquet weight are you more comfortable playing - 12 oz or the lighter 11 oz?
are you willing to go with .5 inch longer or settle at 27? both would require some minor adjustment especially when hitting volleys.

Not sure if MPRO is coming up with an FT model - I know Dunlop did the reverse, MFIL 200 PLUS 2006 came in shorter at 27 inch; the 2005 MFIL 200 Plus was at 27.5.

I think all of the Fischer PRO series are great racquets - finding which one fits your game is the key! Good Luck!

BluDiamond
04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I asked the same question last week. The odds are they might be a Magnetic Pro Tour that is longer than standard.

I haven't hit with the Pro No 1 FT but I have a Pro Tour FT which is also 27.4 inches but slightly heavier and constant beam. I think both of these racquets are top notch. The Magnetic Pro One has a bigger sweet spot than the previous Pro Ones. Its a great racquet overall. The Pro Tour FT is also a great racquet and its one of the cleanest hitting racquets I have ever seen.

I have got the red pro tour ft but i didnt realise it was 27.4 inches. Have you got the yellow one?

Bora
04-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Yes, I have the yellow one. It's Pro Tour FT, and I think the one you have is Pro No 1 FT. The yellow one is a bit heavier and its constant beam, http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCFISCHER-FPTFT.html

wingit
04-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Play with both the Fischer M-Speed (95) and Pro Tour FT. There are differences but both are among my all-time favorite 'feel rackets'. If pressed, I'd give the nod to Pro-Tour FT, just a fine racket in all regards. Won't wax on regarding the details but have found both the be very good in regards control, spin, etc., and both are friends of the arm and wrist. Do think the extra length on the Pro Tour FT provides advantages. Some will say they are low-powered but both are winners in the control area which translates to giving yourself the best shot for one's abilities. I find both to give the best combination: power as required and great control, don't get better in my experience. The M-Speed gets more attention and not without reasons. However, the Pro Tour FT does not get the attention it deserves. Can't identify the reason for this, suffice it to say that some very fine rackets fall through the popularity gap from time to time. Also own the Pro Tour Extreme and judge it to be a more demanding racket by a long shot than either of the rackets above. Nice in many ways but if you don't strike the ball spot on, the results are much less pleasant or rewarding than with the Pro Tour FT or M-Speed. If it's feel and control you seek, hard to beat either of these Fischers.

BluDiamond
04-13-2006, 01:02 AM
would it be powerful enough for a me. i'm 14 and my serve is about 90mile/perhour

Bora
04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
wingit, very well put.

BluDiamond, I can't say if it'll be powerful enough for you. I would say that it would have been good enough for me when I was 14 but then again, I was using a PS 6.1 Classic around that age. I think the Pro Tour FT is a less demanding racquet than the PS 6.1 Classic.

I think the M-Speed is a bit easier to get around on reaction shots because its shorter, but they are both great racquets. I use the Pro Tour FT cause I like having more consistency in my 2 handed BH with a longer racquet.

alfa164164
04-13-2006, 09:51 AM
wingit - I second the motion, a very nice summary of those 3 sticks

DSL
04-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I own both M Speeds and Pro Tour FT's (red/black one) in 98 sq in head size. Both are excellent racquets but quite different. I feel the M Speed has the edge for control and touch shots. It is also more spin friendly than the Pro Tour FT. However the Pro Tour FT is more powerful (though still not a high power racquet) and more solid on volleys. It is still very controllable but maybe not as precise as the M Speed. Both are quite comfortable and after playing with Pro Tour FT's for several years, I never experienced any discomfort or arm trouble with the stiffness.

wingit
04-13-2006, 02:15 PM
BluDiamond, as to Fischers providing enough power, my experinece is that power without control is as useful as a third navel. The Fischers are not power rackets but they provide all the power one needs, and the power is most effective because it's controlled. Lots of comments on this board about difficulities folks have in controlling power rackets but they persist in wanting power which is only one factor in a good racket. Fischers, properly strung, are no where near wet noodle rackets. What is termed power is more directly related to racket head speed and proper prepreation than racket characteristics and busting one's shoe strings when swinging. If it's power you seek, likely you can find more in other rackets. If it's effective power you seek, Fischers are hard to beat.