PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT warrior midsize vs Prince Precision Response Ti...

TacoTims
04-11-2006, 05:43 AM
hellow i was looking at the TW site today and realized that they have specials on prince warrior. I currently own a prince precision response Ti and was wondering what is the difference between these 2 frames or are they just very similar?

AndyP
04-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Well the Prince Warrior as of now is out of stock.

vkartikv
04-11-2006, 08:10 AM
The response ti is much heavier and has a higher swingweight. The tt warrior is more of a high end tweener while the response ti is a full blown advanced frame. I tried the response ti for a few weeks but I think the PR 660 is a better frame in terms of feel. Don't know what they did to the response ti but it just didn't have the same feel at the net as the 660. May be louis netman can help you out there.

But the tt warrior is a great frame for its price. Excellent slice and kick on serves. A little on the stiffer side if you have arm/elbow issues.

scotus
04-11-2006, 08:54 AM
According to racquetresearch.com, despite its high stiffness, TT Warrior gets high marks for arm safety.

I have my Warrior MP weighted up. 12 g of lead to the head (6g each at 3 and 9 o'clock) and head tape. I have 2 overgrips and 3.5 g of lead at the buttcap. It is still headlight, although much less so than in its stock form. In its modified form, it has great stability and plays to my liking.

louis netman
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
The response ti is much heavier and has a higher swingweight. The tt warrior is more of a high end tweener while the response ti is a full blown advanced frame. I tried the response ti for a few weeks but I think the PR 660 is a better frame in terms of feel. Don't know what they did to the response ti but it just didn't have the same feel at the net as the 660. May be louis netman can help you out there.

But the tt warrior is a great frame for its price. Excellent slice and kick on serves. A little on the stiffer side if you have arm/elbow issues.

Agreed, Kartik. The order of preference in terms of feel 1) 660, 2) Prti, 3) Warrior... May have to do with each incarnation becoming stiffer, and utilization of metals and cheaper graphite in the layup, etc... All 3 have high capabilities in the strengths that have characterized the line: volleys, slice, topspin, all types of service....

meh
04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=48051&highlight=TT+warrior

gmlasam's review on his customized TT Warrior OS. Might be applicable to the MP if you were to try to match the frame with the PRTi.

raftermania
04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey Tacotim, I love the name, long time no tw chat. The PRT is definitely a more demanding racquet than the Warrior. Are you looking to upgrade?

K. Wilson Moose
04-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Agreed, Kartik. The order of preference in terms of feel 1) 660, 2) Prti, 3) Warrior... May have to do with each incarnation becoming stiffer, and utilization of metals and cheaper graphite in the layup, etc... All 3 have high capabilities in the strengths that have characterized the line: volleys, slice, topspin, all types of service....

Have played with all 3 and basically agree with the netman. However, I played some of my best tennis with the PRTi. In my experience, it was better in all regards to the Warrior MP. The 660 was a great frame as well.

TacoTims
04-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey Tacotim, I love the name, long time no tw chat. The PRT is definitely a more demanding racquet than the Warrior. Are you looking to upgrade?

Hi Pat! Remember you gave me this name :).. Yes I'm onto my last prince precirion responce ti now, so I'm looking for something that can replace it. At the same time I saw that the warrior was on sale on the TW website. I was thinking of getting it but need some advice on how it feels like. Thank you

raftermania
04-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah man. If you ever want to chat about anything, drop me a line.

TacoTims
04-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Sure will! Thanks raftermania :)