PDA

View Full Version : Volkl tweeners

vkartikv
04-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Has anyone used both the cat 8 v-engine and BB 10 and wish to comment on their touch/finesse aspects? I realise these are both pretty powerful thanks to the Xtra length and light weight.

El Diablo
04-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Have used both, prefer the BB for finesse (and all other) shots as the Cataupult makes for a less predictable response off the string bed.

altis
04-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Kartikv,

May I know what were your likes and dislikes about the cat 8 v-engine?

NoBadMojo
04-22-2006, 09:26 AM
The Cat8VE is actualy pretty low powered and the catapults dont make for an unpredictable response at all if you can hit with spin..it's a very predictable stringbed provided you hit with spin. The BB10 is a bit more powerful. The two frames feel entirely different so impossible to tell which you may find has more touch/finesse. The Cat8VE is a very soft hit.

louis netman
04-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Has anyone used both the cat 8 v-engine and BB 10 and wish to comment on their touch/finesse aspects? I realise these are both pretty powerful thanks to the Xtra length and light weight.

Can't commment on the BB, but the Cat8VE weighted up with leather, lead and gut hyrid at mid produced good results all around, especially at the net. I couldn't deal with the feel and sound of the hit (due to the catapult system), however, and I think it also detracted from the touch & finesse of this stick. Another problem I had was the old, LA Rams paintjob and the thick beam...

sureshs
04-22-2006, 10:18 AM
tried the BB 10, not the other one. BB 10 was too light for me.