PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using nat. gut in 6.0 85?

Keifers
04-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Is any one using - or has anyone used - natural gut in a PS 6.0 85? Please tell me what you're using (string, gauge, tension, 1-piece or 2-piece) and your experience with gut in this frame. If you tried gut and went on to other strings, please say why.

Thanks in advance.

armand
04-11-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm using BDE Performance 16 @ 56.5lbs. It's kind of stiff so it's only a tiny bit better than the NXT16 I was using before. I've given up on BDE(it's stiff and frays early+often) so I'll be using KLiP or Babolat Tonic+ next.
I don't know if it's a one piece or two. It does have 4 tie-off points, does that make it a 2 piece?

jayserinos99
04-11-2006, 09:33 AM
^ yes it does.

as for the 6.0 85, i didn't try gut in it but i did put grand slam gut in a kramer staff graphite, which is based off the same mold as the 6.0 85 but with fibreglass instead of kevlar. it was strung at 52 lbs. looking back, i should have gone with something a bit stiffer like the klip in that frame.

milo
04-11-2006, 09:37 AM
if it has four knots than it is a two piece string job.

armand
04-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Is any one using - or has anyone used - natural gut in a PS 6.0 85? Please tell me what you're using (string, gauge, tension, 1-piece or 2-piece) and your experience with gut in this frame. If you tried gut and went on to other strings, please say why.

Thanks in advance.So, why did you go onto other strings? I know the racquet plays great without gut, but I really like guts long playing life and I don't want to fool around with my go-to weapon.

Radical Shot
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I tried natural gut in a 6.0.85. It was Pacific 15g. I think I strung it too low because the power was incredible.

I cut out the cross and re-strung them with Luxilon ALU. It tamed it a bit, but still too powerful.

I ended up cutting it out and went with Ace. Much better.

The gut was very comfortable and solid. It was too powerful and the guage of the string affected the balance point of the racquet which I did not like. I am used to stirnging the 6.0.85 with thin and lightweight strings.