PDA

View Full Version : Better racket: RDS 003 or NSRQ-7 MP?

BjornBorg
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Both rackets are 100 square inches. Both have about same head lightness. RDS 003 is advertised as 12 points head light--which is not the case. It's closer to NSRQ's 6-7 points HL.

RDS 003 is a little stiffer and has 27.25 length compared to NSRQ's 27.5.

I think the NSRQ's 27.5 length is a bit cumbersome on some shots. The RDS 003 doesn't feel that way.

The 003 has the thicker beam is some areas and is maybe a tad less maneuverable but still very good. The NSRQ-7 has a bit better access to topspin but does not volley as well as the 003, nor does it serve as well, in my opinion. Both are very good for slice. I think the RDS 003 gets the nod for flat hits. It feels a bit more stable overall.

What do others think? They are both excellent sticks--I think the best Yonex has ever made.

BjornBorg
04-11-2006, 02:52 PM
By the way, this seems like a stupid question but I just want to make sure. If I take 1/4 inch off the bottom of the NSRQ-7, that would make it head heavier, correct? I could get it back to 6 points head light by adding some lead in the handle, correct? About how much lead?

tennis4losers
04-11-2006, 10:36 PM
By the way, this seems like a stupid question but I just want to make sure. If I take 1/4 inch off the bottom of the NSRQ-7, that would make it head heavier, correct? I could get it back to 6 points head light by adding some lead in the handle, correct? About how much lead?

Its not a stupid question. but it would be a VERY stupid thing to do. just keep it stock

BjornBorg
04-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Its not a stupid question. but it would be a VERY stupid thing to do. just keep it stock

Why would it be stupid? It's 1/4 inch. If lead is put in the right places, the balance and weight could stay the same.

Where would I put the lead and how much to keep the same swingweight and head lightness. If you're going to say it's "stupid" you need to say why.

BjornBorg
04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Further update: played a lot tonight with both frames.

I've realized the RDS 003 does not have as much power as the NSRQ-7. Have others found this?

I've realized that the NSRQ-7 is the better racket.

BjornBorg
04-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Can anybody comment on this--that the RDS 003 is not as powerful as the NSRQ-7?

emmyc
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I think the RDS 003 has more power. To me, the RDS 003 swings ligher and is easier to generate racquet head speed than the NSRQ-7. The NSRQ-7 feels heavy to me. Just my opinion. I would like to know what others think on this issue.