PDA

View Full Version : Which Volkl is similar to O3 White?

jonolau
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
My wife recently demoed the O3 White and she likes it very much for it's balance, swingweight and power.

However, she is slightly concerned about the vibration and wouldn't mind considering a Volkl.

Any recommendations?

NoBadMojo
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Suggest you stick the specs of the 03 in the TW Racquet Finder and see what it comes up with as comparables

Final_Match_Point
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM
i personally think 03white is kinda unmatchable. Why? Oport holes. They actually work, and feel amazing.

jonolau
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks for initial suggestions. I forgot to mention that I entered the O3 White specs earlier into the racquet finder, but for some reason, the O3 White did not appear in the list of recommendations.

That was why I was looking for recommendations. The only Volkl that came out was the Classic V-1 10 Anniversary.

NoBadMojo
04-11-2006, 06:08 PM
10 year anniv would be a great choice. that frame works great for a broad range of people. looks like she can handle a swingweight around 300 or so. Other good choices from Volkl would be the Cat8VE if she can make her own power and the Cat4 if she can not.

jonolau
04-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks, NBM!

counterpuncher
04-12-2006, 03:04 PM
My wife recently demoed the O3 White and she likes it very much for it's balance, swingweight and power.

However, she is slightly concerned about the vibration and wouldn't mind considering a Volkl.

Any recommendations?

I have demoed the O3 but didn't really experience any vibrations. Of the recent Volkls that I have tried I would have to say power level is similar to the DNX V1 and a touch less than the DNX 8 (which has more vibration). I haven't tried a DNX 9 as yet, but I would imagine it would be very similar to this racquet.

Another racquet that is similar, fairly cheap and that would have less vibration would be the Cat V1, definitely the most comfortable of all the V1 line.

tennisnj
04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Ditto the V-1 anniversary, but also the QV1 OS if you can find them, or the DNX V1 OS. Stay away from the Cat V1, much too muted, stiff & uncomfortable someone looking for less vibration. As an avid Volkl user (although not a true expert like NBMJ), I would stay away from the Cat V1 & the Cat 4 (Generation I), both inferior frames compared to other V1s & the Cat 4 (Gen II).

jonolau
04-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks NBM, counterpuncher and tennisnj, I appreciate all your feedback. We do not have any Volkl rep here, so no demo program. However, I'm still extremely comfortable with Volkl and not too taken in by marketing hype of the other brands.