PDA

View Full Version : Pure drive roddick plus, the irony...

wyutani
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
ok, how different is the pure drive roddick + and the pure drive +? they look almost the same, only the design. and also....wouldnt it be ironic if pro player uses a pure drive roddick plus racquet against roddick and won? imean, roddick losing to racquet named after himself.... haha, cant wait for that to happen....;)

kreative
04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
from the specs, slight difference in weight, balance, swignweight, and the new dampening technology in the roddick model.

as for the irony, that would be funny, thou i think the chances are slim. i doubt other pro players would use a model named after a specific pro...such as the slazenger henman, no one else used it. i'm not sure about the past thou, with some of those wood models (arthur ashe, lendl, etc) that various pros used.

on the other hand, it was funny to watch roddick lose to that one guy who was sponsored by rbk (roddick's former sponsor) who wore all the roddick inspired clothing, including the trucker hat.

Mugatu
04-12-2006, 01:18 AM
i don't think babolat would pj another pro's racquet with the roddick design... would be kinda humerous tho

Alafter
04-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Pure Drive Roddick.
-Suitable for making fast, heavy shots that somehow doesnt allow you to win the match.

What if next is a Pure Drive Lubijic.
-Suitable for taking a lead in the match and then breaking down under pressure.

And then a Pure Drive Moya.
-Suitable for declining argentine players.

Then a Pure Drive Cjisters.
-Suitable for making leg-split dive shots.

FuZz_Da_AcE
04-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Pure Drive Phillopoussis
-Your game depends on the number of women waiting for you when you finish.

So that's why he keeps losing...he's in such a hurry to get home!

Galactus
04-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Pure Drive Fede....ahhh, no, let's just leave it....

Ripper
04-12-2006, 07:03 AM
And then a Pure Drive Moya.
-Suitable for declining argentine players.

Isn't he a Spaniard?

DANMAN
04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
definitely a spaniard

Shinichi
04-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Pure Drive Phillopoussis
-Your game depends on the number of women waiting for you when you finish.

So that's why he keeps losing...he's in such a hurry to get home!

hahaha .. great joke right there.

Freedom
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
on the other hand, it was funny to watch roddick lose to that one guy who was sponsored by rbk (roddick's former sponsor) who wore all the roddick inspired clothing, including the trucker hat.

Yeah I noticed that too. It was Igor Andreev, wasn't it? He had a Pure Drive+, Roddick trucker hat, and I think a Roddick shirt. :D

Alafter
04-12-2006, 06:43 PM
My bad. Didnt realize that he is a spaniard.

Pure Drive Moya
-Suitable for declining spaniard players.

imadeulook
04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
can't u just add lead to a pd+ and make it similiar to a pdr+?:mrgreen:

brownbearfalling
04-13-2006, 06:41 AM
from the specs, slight difference in weight, balance, swignweight, and the new dampening technology in the roddick model.

as for the irony, that would be funny, thou i think the chances are slim. i doubt other pro players would use a model named after a specific pro...such as the slazenger henman, no one else used it. i'm not sure about the past thou, with some of those wood models (arthur ashe, lendl, etc) that various pros used.

Did any pros use the Chang while it was around?
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZERS (http://digitalvaporizers.info)