PDA

View Full Version : DNX V1 OS review

topper#1
04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Thx Mojo for getting me interested in thsi frame.

Feels as "unlike" a 110 oversize as any 110 frame I have used, feels more like playin with a mid but with the OS plusses. 27.5 inch length is no problem, and that is a lot for me to say given my wristy forehand - which I had no problem with. Very good with 1 handec BH - good slice or top on demand - one of the better slicing rackets I have used in a good while. Serve was excellent - slice and pop. Best serving 110 I have ever used.

Very good power level for me, more than my DNX8 or Cat8VE - perfect for my game, And at the 110 size I can get the "solid sweetspot hit" a lot more often. Nice spin potential. Volleys are very good, not the great "feel" of the Cat 8 VE but a very good volleying frame - better IMO then the DNX 8. And very solid/stable, my frame was 10.7 oz, 4.5 pts HL, no mods except a little electric tape at handle to change Volkl shape and a Vibe dampener.

I play USTA 4.5 dubs and this will be my new frame. Played both dubs and singles and it shined.

DNX 8 and Cat 8 VE are going up for sale, at age 50 now an OS racket that plays like this is something I am finding is a solid plus for aging eyes/timimg/reflexes/movement.

Drak

NoBadMojo
04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
ok cool beans. glad you found a good bat for you. this one doesnt swing like an oversize..it sneaks up on you..and your opponent. you wouldnt think it was longer..or lighter..or bigger..it's got controllable power..yannick noah seems ok with it and he is way better than we are..i know it's not a ps85 st vincent or anything like that, but its good enough for some very gifted athletes...enjoy!

topper#1
04-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Bottom line is I play well with it and it is a lot of fun to play with, I could play agreesive and well. One of my favorite rackets in the past several years was the old Yonex 1500, this IMO is a better playing version of that frame.