PDA

View Full Version : The Racquet Rattles. Help!

martymule
04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I bought 2 new frames yesterday (tour diablo mids) and strung them last night. I took them to the courts today and while hitting with the one I noticed a slight rattle (coming from the top of the frame, I think). The rattle obviously does not hinder the way the racquet plays, but it really annoys me. The other one hits great. I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this and found a way to fix it. Does anyone has any suggestions for me or even any ideas on what I can check? Should I restring it? Take it back? Thanks for your responses.

Saschanator
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
It happened to one of my racquet and it was a tour diablo as well. I think what my brother did for me was he opened the buttcap and tapped it on the ground (until the debris came out of the handle). I hope this helps :D

vkartikv
04-12-2006, 03:10 PM
It's called drill flash. Its just loose material in the frame that can be removed by removing the buttcap and giving the racquet a thorough shake.

martymule
04-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Not to be a total simpleton, but what's the easiest way to remove the buttcap? I have no mechanical inclination and I'll end up breaking it if I try to figure it out myself!

armand
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
What can you do when there is no trap door? Can you take out the debris if you take out the grommets?

Aeropro joe
04-12-2006, 07:12 PM
on my prestige i took out the grommet at the throat since they were not flared out and i got the drill flash out, and this is easier than removing overgrip/ replacement grip and buttcap.

TurbeauxTiger
04-12-2006, 07:31 PM
get a knife and pop it open.

vkartikv
04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Adely, I have never tried it but I am told that on the next grommet change, you can get it out through those holes.

DX_Psycho
04-12-2006, 07:55 PM
yup i got my loose bits through the grommet hole of the prestige classic.

Flexxed
04-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I have the same problem with one of my Prostaff 6.1's but its filled with foam. Has anbody got rid of the rattle with a racquet like mine?

LONGWHITECROSS
04-13-2006, 02:15 AM
get a fork and use one of the prongs and place it in the little hole then pop it open if it applies 2 thetype of racquet you guys on about