PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 95's are starting to feel a bit..

Fumoffu
04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
cumbersome? I recently tried out my friends n6.1 90's just for the heck of it, and I was surprised at how much easier everything was. I could whip my groundstrokes, serving was much easier, and all around just more fun to play. I'm thinking this was due to the fact the 90's are more head light than the 95's (are they..?) ? At first I was thinking of making the switch but it seems a bit drastic. Could this be fixed by simply applying a leather grip and/or some lead tape to the handle, or would I be better off just getting a 90?

tristan3@adelphia.net
04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Brand new, just strung, they are little heavy for me, do you want to trade? Shawn James

thejackal
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I had the opposite experience. Yes i liked the Tour better on ground strokes, but serves and volleys were just off. My 95s are heavier than stock also.

Fumoffu
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
No one's answered my question yet.. I'm asking if I should just change the grip to a leather grip or actually make a switch between rackets.

La Bomba
04-12-2006, 10:59 PM
yes add a leather grip it makes it more manueverable

DURICA533
04-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I always apply a leather grip. More feel. Have them on my ROK and naturally on the PS 85s.

But I think that is one small solution to your larger problem. Will it remedy it? I don't think so.

You might be going through a honeymoon period.

Or, I don't think just putting lead tape on the handle will solve the problem. I think the distribution of weight on the 90 is different than your 95. If you are sensitive enough you can find where the racket maker puts their weight by taking very short swings back and forth. (At least I can). The 90 probably has an increase of pendulated mass. (which means) I am assuming there is more weight in the hoop or at least balanced in such a way that once you get that mass moving, it plows through the ball better than the 95 does.

with lead tape on the handle... there was a great post here that some scientist/engineer talked about lead tape above or below the pivot point of your racket axis and how much difference does it make.

Fumoffu
04-13-2006, 08:41 AM
I always apply a leather grip. More feel. Have them on my ROK and naturally on the PS 85s.

But I think that is one small solution to your larger problem. Will it remedy it? I don't think so.

You might be going through a honeymoon period.

Or, I don't think just putting lead tape on the handle will solve the problem. I think the distribution of weight on the 90 is different than your 95. If you are sensitive enough you can find where the racket maker puts their weight by taking very short swings back and forth. (At least I can). The 90 probably has an increase of pendulated mass. (which means) I am assuming there is more weight in the hoop or at least balanced in such a way that once you get that mass moving, it plows through the ball better than the 95 does.

with lead tape on the handle... there was a great post here that some scientist/engineer talked about lead tape above or below the pivot point of your racket axis and how much difference does it make.
Ah, I see.. Well, I suppose I could always give it a try (leather grips + overgrip will only be like what, 15 dollars?) and if that doesnt work out I can always switch.. Thanks for letting me know, though.