PDA

View Full Version : U hate!!!

WayneCM
04-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Racquet that u most dislike for either personal/playing reasons

wyutani
04-13-2006, 03:52 AM
i hate prince cos its so bloody expensive!!!!!!!, money dun grow on trees you know....

orangeblood
04-13-2006, 04:33 AM
The PD shaped my strokes (the topspin that involves an extreme brushing-up motion that wraps around the waist), now it's hard for me to play with anything else. I don't like the fact how the stated grip is an 1/8" size larger than the standard either.

KFwinds
04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Hmmm... didn't see that coming ;)

wyutani
04-13-2006, 08:20 AM
how come many hated the Pure drive? when you vote at least explain why....?????:confused:

thinkhard
04-13-2006, 08:30 AM
The PD is the worst stick I ever demoed. I don't even know why i demoed it. It was too light, too powerful, too stiff, and had no control. Also, the beam was awkward, kind of bulky and hollow. I'm not exactly Roddick's biggest fan either.

jonolau
04-13-2006, 09:03 AM
I bought the Babolat Pure Drive and it totally messed up my game. Balance was totally off. It did not have that much power, spin or control. It was just a hyped up racquet.

Sticking with my Volkls.

cabernetjunkie
04-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Never found a Prince racquet that I liked hitting with.

doriancito
04-13-2006, 09:12 AM
i hjate the pure drive cause everybody uses it and its the inly racuqet is mostly sold in my club so everybody thinks its the best, its only me and a couple of dudes having the ncodes

dimaatp
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
in my club almost everybody plays with the ncode

wyutani
04-13-2006, 09:28 AM
it's actually pretty common....more than pure drives...:|

cabernetjunkie
04-13-2006, 09:31 AM
WOW!! It looks like the Babs. are going to be the most hated sticks. I'm a little shocked as popular as lighter racquets are nowadays.

kreative
04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
the Pure Drive has always gotten a lot of hate on these boards, whether it's an uncontrollable arm killer, or peeps losing to Pure Drive weilding opponents who they believe they should have beat.

snoflewis
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
i also voted for PD. i had no arm problems with it...but from looks to performance..everything felt off. the standard version looks so unproportional w/ its huge head and short throat and handle. the racket is so stiff that if you hit anywhere besides the sweetspot...it vibrates like no other. the feel is unique, of course, but it has absolutely no control...i was hitting running forehands wide by 3-5 feet. im just glad i got rid of mine :)

cabernetjunkie
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
the Pure Drive has always gotten a lot of hate on these boards, whether it's an uncontrollable arm killer, or peeps losing to Pure Drive weilding opponents who they believe they should have beat.

Yea, I dont know why that is. I hit with one the other day and I can tell you this much it is no where near the worst racquet I ever hit with. To be honest I thought it was a pretty nice stick.

chiru
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
i chose pure drive. its a good racket IMO for intermediate players, but i see it as the stick that killed s&v, it just made it so easy for ppl to power returns. nowadays you see tons of one dimensional players out there, all thanks to the pure drive. its a good racket, but its killed tennis.

Galactus
04-13-2006, 12:01 PM
The Pure Drive has 29 votes against?
Hmmm...I've just bought one after using Wilson Prostaff 6.0 85 / Tour 90 for the last year and I really like it!!
:confused: :mrgreen:

Bottle Rocket
04-13-2006, 12:46 PM
The Pure Drive has 29 votes against?
Hmmm...I've just bought one after using Wilson Prostaff 6.0 85 / Tour 90 for the last year and I really like it!!
:confused: :mrgreen:

The poll is for the most hated, this is one-sided.

If there was a poll (which there was a few weeks ago, I think) about everyones favorite, The Pure Drive would most likely be at the top of that list too.

It may be over hyped, but it has been the best selling racket in the country for the last 5 years. That might be more than hype?

Two Fister
04-13-2006, 02:16 PM
The poll is for the most hated, this is one-sided.

If there was a poll (which there was a few weeks ago, I think) about everyones favorite, The Pure Drive would most likely be at the top of that list too.

It may be over hyped, but it has been the best selling racket in the country for the last 5 years. That might be more than hype?

The PureDrive is the only racquet I know that can cause so much negative passion (especially on this board). Most of the time, if you don't like the way a racquet hits, you just don't use it and you don't think twice about it. But several posters on this board who don't like the way the puredrive hits seem to actually "hate" the tennis racquet.

It's a very curious reaction.

supersmash
04-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Pure Drive.

Poser of the Year racquet.

snoflewis
04-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Pure Drive.

Poser of the Year racquet.

make that the past 3 years :)

Dunlopkid
04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I voted for the PD. I only hit with it for a few minutes. While it had some spin potential it had no feel and was as stiff as a board.

wyutani
04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
i chose pure drive. its a good racket IMO for intermediate players, but i see it as the stick that killed s&v, it just made it so easy for ppl to power returns. nowadays you see tons of one dimensional players out there, all thanks to the pure drive. its a good racket, but its killed tennis.

killed tennis? abit to harsh eh....i know PD + sucks at volleying but its excellent for groundstroke. i dun know what to do withot my babolat PD +. serious!:rolleyes:

WayneCM
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
i think sumtimes ppl can be 2 harsh on the pure drive.... I admit a lot of "posers" use this racquet, this i don't like but i hit with roddicks version and i really enjoy the feel and have little trouble volleying now i have adjusted 2 it....

Two Fister
04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I admit a lot of "posers" use this racquet, this i don't like

By "poser" do you mean someone, lets say, at 4.5 rating and below who is using the puredrive? Can you be a 5.5 player using the puredrive and be a poser, too? Not really sure what you mean by you not liking when "posers" use this racquet.

gonzalocatalino
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Bab. Pure Control team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wyutani
04-13-2006, 04:45 PM
ppl hates its popluarity...you know...just like if ur friend has a bigger car and ur jealous...something like that...:|

Micky
04-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Hola,

I hated the PD+ and sold it to a little guy who is a ball boy in my club. Now this guy has won the under 14 championships of my country with my ex PD+.

Three days ago, after one long and tiring hour of tennis lessons I played with a good friend one set. I lost 6-2 and got really ****ed. My Prince Diablo Mid felt like a heavy tow truck.

Then I asked my little friend (ball boy) to lend me my ex PD+. I played the second set with the PD+ and killed my friend 6-2.

Now my head is all screwed up.:confused: If I am not tired I love the Prince Diablo Mid and it's amazing control. But now I don't know...I might be getting a new PD+ hahaha;) ...damn. Soooo crazy.:p

Micky

Speedy_tennis
04-13-2006, 09:24 PM
pd is a joking racket

La Bomba
04-13-2006, 10:06 PM
I quite like the Pure Drive, it has a nice crisp feel, you get excellent spin with it, you can serve bombs and massive kickers with it. And with the right string and tension it performs great.

wyutani
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
c'mon...be unique. vote anything other than the babolat pure drive....:o

slice bh compliment
04-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Amazing how you can lead people with a question/poll.

More people hate the PD than ever even laid eyes on the original Kennex version (sans Woofer system). Just a theory.

I am really amazed that 17 people combined to HATE either the Volkl DNX 10 or the Wilson nCode nTour.
What could that many people possibly have against those frames?

Well, who the hell am I to say anything? I didn't even vote.

WayneCM
04-14-2006, 01:23 AM
By "poser" do you mean someone, lets say, at 4.5 rating and below who is using the puredrive? Can you be a 5.5 player using the puredrive and be a poser, too? Not really sure what you mean by you not liking when "posers" use this racquet.
By poser i mean Guys that are like a 3.0 or a 3.5 but seem to think they are 4.5 to 5.0... The other thing i have found in my club is that when ppl see u with a pure drive they assume ur on the popularity band wagon when the truth is i've tried other racquets and babolat pure drive jus suits my game..

Galactus
04-14-2006, 01:32 AM
By poser i mean Guys that are like a 3.0 or a 3.5 but seem to think they are 4.5 to 5.0... The other thing i have found in my club is that when ppl see u with a pure drive they assume ur on the popularity band wagon when the truth is i've tried other racquets and babolat pure drive jus suits my game..
Personally, I can admit I'm a solid 4.0 and I'd never of dreamt of using a Pure Drive, let alone buying one - but when I did for the first time last week, I decided to use this as my primary racquet over my beloved ProStaff 6.0 85...

(mind you, I have the Pure Drive Team+ - there are subtle differences between this and the Pure Drive Team)

wyutani
04-14-2006, 07:38 AM
So technically you peeps hates the Babolat Pure Drive and not the Babolat Pure Drive Plus...haha. good for me then, im using the Plus racquet....;)

vinnier6
04-14-2006, 12:57 PM
why would anyone hate any racquet...i might not prefer a certain racquet but i dont really hate any one racquet...

snoflewis
04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
So technically you peeps hates the Babolat Pure Drive and not the Babolat Pure Drive Plus...haha. good for me then, im using the Plus racquet....;)

who cares if they like it or not? if you like it...you're fine. appearance wise, i thought the plus version looked better because it didnt look like it had such a huge head like the standard...but still...both have no control and too much power