PDA

View Full Version : IPrestige paint job

Welsh Wizard
04-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I have 5 of these which I've had for three years. These are great rackets (so much so I switched back from my ncode 6.1s to these this year) but the paint job is woeful.

I look after these and very rarely drop them so they don't have any more knocks than they would from normal everyday wear and tear. However, most of the graphical writing on the sides has come off and the transfers on the inside of the head have peeled off.

My question is, has anyone else had a similar experience with this racket?

Also, would there be any way I could get these repainted by Head or somebody. I'm not fussy as to what type of prestige they look like then it would be just nice to have a 180 racket look like a 180 racket! I see a lot of people on here post pictures of their PJ'd rackets and I was just wondering how they got this done.

OnyxZ28
04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Early i.Prestiges had very flaky paint. Later batches werne't as bad.

LordRaceR
04-13-2006, 01:17 PM
True, true

Early i.Prestiges had very flaky paint. Later batches werne't as bad.

TheRed
04-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Problem is that earlier versions played better. They were heavier and more comfortable

Richie Rich
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I have 5 of these which I've had for three years. These are great rackets (so much so I switched back from my ncode 6.1s to these this year) but the paint job is woeful.

I look after these and very rarely drop them so they don't have any more knocks than they would from normal everyday wear and tear. However, most of the graphical writing on the sides has come off and the transfers on the inside of the head have peeled off.

My question is, has anyone else had a similar experience with this racket?

Also, would there be any way I could get these repainted by Head or somebody. I'm not fussy as to what type of prestige they look like then it would be just nice to have a 180 racket look like a 180 racket! I see a lot of people on here post pictures of their PJ'd rackets and I was just wondering how they got this done.

as others have mentioned this problem was very, very common. i know a guy who still plays with one and the paint is totally worn off on the throat. looks really bad but still plays solid.

La Bomba
04-13-2006, 05:37 PM
When I borrowed a I.Prestige MP, the PJ was absolutely crap, the black part of it even if you scraped it with your fingernail the paint would peel off.

yo_3133
04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
dont have a prestige, but my i.radical paintjob is completely teared off