PDA

View Full Version : got some new sunglasses

cgreenlee88
06-25-2004, 09:51 AM
two days ago i went to an outlet mall which had 5 different stores for sunglasses. i went to each store, asked if they had shades made for tennis, most said no, but a few said they did. what i wound up doing was goin to the oakley store and buying some shades w/ fire lens in them > http://oakley.com/catalog/colors/eyewear/omatter/opd/valve/silver_fire_iridium

i bought em cuz they looked cool, i loved the frame, and cuz i asked the employee if he's sold any glasses to ppl for tennis and he brought me to these. i have also seen a few people in champs(usta) w/ me who have these type of lens. i know TW says green lens and yellow lens are the best, but what do yall think of fire? any of yall tried this type of lens? please post ur opinions and comments, thanks.

chris

Eug
06-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, the link is down. When you say fire I assume you mean red lenses? Any lense is better than no lense but you would have more of an advantage if you had yellow or teal lenses. I have 2 pairs of Bolle sunglasses and use the Competivision lenses (greenish). Its all about the contrast.

cgreenlee88
06-25-2004, 07:11 PM
ya it's kinda reddish.....but more greenish blue...when u look thru it..

Eug
06-25-2004, 07:55 PM
As long as they are 100% uva and uvb protectant and cover most of your vision then they are good in any case. The bolles I have wrap around my face. Enjoy the glasses.

spres
06-27-2004, 07:33 AM
The thing that makes the bolle glass different from our oakleys is how the ball just seems to pop in the bolle glasses. It stands out, it is very helpful when the shade is partially covered in shade the bolle glasses let you see it the entire time.

gmlasam
06-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Dosent wearing sunglasses get in the way or bothersome when playing tennis?

Eug
06-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Not at all. I always wear my bolles. Its one of the best purchases in my life.

cgreenlee88
06-27-2004, 01:55 PM
uugghh those bolle glasses....sure does brighten up things in light green/yellow....but i hate the fashion of it .....and it jus looks weird on me....i guess it looks good on certain ppl tho...

Eug
06-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Its for tennis only...I also use the brown lenses while driving. My parents think I look like an alien in 'em. Some girls think im sexy in 'em. Its all good!

seriouslysilly
07-01-2004, 12:13 PM
the thing i heard about the 'fire' lenses is that it is best in bright sunny days
when it's cloudy or partly sunny, however, it might be a hinderance

ambro
07-01-2004, 03:44 PM
I got Oakley Minutes (Black) With Ice (Blue) lenses. They work wonders. I tried my friend's Bolle's with Competivision lenses too and couldn't concentrate because of the color.