PDA

View Full Version : Head LM Instinct Tour XL - Is this racket...

alfa164164
04-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Is the Tour XL version "hollow" like the regular LM Instinct?
I thought the regular LM Instinct had really nice pop, but had a horrible hollow feel to it.
Does the added weight of the LM Instinct Tour XL give it a more solid, less hollow feel or is basically the same?
Also, are there any cracking / structural issues with either of the LM Instinct models? TIA for responses.

louis netman
04-13-2006, 06:55 AM
I just got one and even weighted it up 362g and it's still got that hollow, tinny/metallic feel, most likely due to being "liquidmetal." Stringing with gut won't solve the issue, BTW...

alfa164164
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Louis - thanks for the response.
How is the manueverability of the XL version? Seems like it has a plenty HL balance point. Does it play like a "long body" or is the extra .5" length barely noticeable?

louis netman
04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
It's not that noticeable, however there is an adjustment period to repeatedly strike the SS.....I've got leather on it and it's 12 pts HL, quite maneuverable. Smallish sweetspot for such a large head, kinda "metalicky" jarring off center... If you're used to "old school" feel, you wont like it. I'll give it a couple more passes....please check the classifieds next week if you want one...

billyboybeacon
04-13-2006, 12:34 PM
intresting thread..I played w/ the instinct XL for about 6 months last year..it felt too whippy for me but the whole string bed felt like a sweet spot..I have never served better...I did notice the xtra length on volleys but I thought it was a very good racket just too head light..

Fumoffu
04-13-2006, 08:55 PM
I really noticed the length on the one hander.. I felt like I couldn't get the racket moving through the ball without really taking a swing. I ended up going back to my n6.1