PDA

View Full Version : Need help replacing the TT Graphite

colotennisnut
04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
All thoughts welcome and appreciated

I have been playing with a TT Graphite OS for past 3 years - strung at 59 with Gamma LW XP 16. I'm a 4.5 player focusing mostly on doubs. I have no problem generating power or spin.

I am striking the ball well but am looking for something comparable but with a little more feel and better maneuravibility at the net. Definately don't need a frame to generate more power.

I have tried the 03 White and Tour but cannot keep the ball in play consistently enough with either of these frames. I have only played with Prince in the past but am willing to play with whatever frame plays the best.

Bora
04-13-2006, 01:02 PM
First, I say congrats to putting up with that stick for so long. The SW was way too high and the feel is way too low for me to enjoy it, even though I don't mind control oriented OS sticks. Unfortunately, Prince hasn't made a stick lately that produces decent feel, especially for touch at net.

If you like the larger head control sticks, try the Fischer Magnetic Pro One in 105 head size. If you like the feel but want more control you can try the 98 inch version. There is always the Head Classic Tour, but the SW is still high on that one.

If you can handle something lighter, there is always the Volkl BB10 and DNX V1 OS, they might be worth a demo for something different.

Other than that, you can always demo the usual suspects ppl rave about here, but I can't think of any other stick to fit your need.