PDA

View Full Version : Decided to go with the n6-1 95 nCode

Puffdaddy
04-13-2006, 06:58 PM
. . . with the 16 x 18 pattern.

Had been historically been playing with the POG 110 and am only recently getting back into the game.

I have historically strung the POG at super high string tensions (70+ on old equipment). The problem is, my arm and shoulder are not in tennis shape, plus I have a labrum tear, so I simply don't have the power I once had and the boardy-feeling of the POG wasn't helping. Obviously, I tried softer strings, changed out the leather grip for a cushion and experimented with looser tensions.

Will this helped my body, I just didn't have the control I expected and the ball was sailing on me. I have flattish strokes and I simply don;t have as much margin for error.

I demo-ed alot of frames and the top three were the:

Yonex RD Ti-80
Volkl Tour 10 Gen 2
Wilson 95 nCode

My groundstrokes were penetrating like the old days and I didn't feel like the racket was TOO powerful, though it will tak some getting used to. Volleys were OK.

My serve is still a bit of a mess and I just can't seem to generate the pace I used to, but assume that will come with time. Still its better than the POG strung tight.

I simply played better with the nCode and went ahead and bought one at RPNY (thanks Roman!), strung with Tech. Biphase 16, towards the high end of the rec. tension. I just let Roman handle this.

I'll take it for a spin tomorrow for the first time.