PDA

View Full Version : Racquets I am considering....which one do you reccommend?

Andy Zarzuela
04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
The three racquets that I am considering are Head Prestige Classic Midplus (102), the Yonex MP-Tour 5, and the Yonex RDS 001 98.

I hit the ball flat off of both sides. I really like to go for extreme angles and winners. I have trouble keeping the ball in with racquets like the NSRQ 7 and the Babolat PD. I was wondering which one of these racquets would suit me best? Serving is a big part of my game, so I'd love to have a racquet that serves well. I used to own an RDS001 Mid (90), which was a sweet racquet, but I never could find the sweet spot, which is why I am considering the MP version. Please help me decide. Yonex is my favorite brand, and I'd love to stick with them if I can...

wyutani
04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
throw away ur yonex....only BABOLAT is the BEST!!!! use the roure drive + instead, its great!!! COS TENNIS IS IN THEIR BLOOD!!!!!:D

La Bomba
04-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Maybe try the Yonex RDX HD, it is suited to flat hitters, the stringbed is nice and firm and crisp. And it has good control.

chess9
04-14-2006, 04:07 AM
I'd agree with LaBomba. That's a very nice stick. It's only weakness from my point of view is a slight lack of pop on the serves-maybe 1-2 mph.

-Robert
________
Mflb (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

sdslyout
04-14-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm a wilson Ncode player and pretty happy with my racquet(s) but, i'll tell you this and i'm not looking to change. I tried the head liquedmetal/flexpoint FIRE and fell in love. Now i'm about buy one. It's something to consider

sunmin77
04-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Andy!

I own a Yonex RDS 001 Mid and love it. However, if you feel like you can't find the sweetspot on that racquet, I would recommend either the Fischer MSpeed Pro No.1 98 or the Fischer Pro Tour FT. I have both racquets in my bag and I think that both racquets are great in their own rights. I have played more with the Pro Tour FT and I think it is probably one of the most underrated racquets on the market. It serves extremely well, something which I would consider a weakness on the MP version of both the RDS and RDX. Also, due to its 16/20 string pattern, the control is excellent.
The feel of the racquet is difficult to explain because Fischer is so unique. The response of the racquet is very crisp and you can "feel" the ball hit the strings, so you know exactly where in the frame the ball hit and where the ball is going. Even though you can feel the impact of the ball, the racquet is not harsh. Finally, the power you can generate with that frame is rediculous. It has great put-away power.
The MSpeed is very similar in feel (I guess you can call it the Fischer feel) but it is a little more flexible. I will need to hit with it a little more in order to tell you detailed characteristics.
Anyway, the sweetspot on both racquets is a lot larger than on the RDS 001 Mid.

Hope this helps.

stevewcosta
04-14-2006, 09:34 AM
YONEX TI-80. Best Yonex out there. Not perfect but nothing is.

milo
04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
does your place offer demo program? if there is, then demo them and pick the best one for you.
if there's none, then try the rds mp. it has smaller headsize and thinner beam. it will helps you controlling the ball inside the line.

FuZz_Da_AcE
04-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe try the Yonex RDX HD, it is suited to flat hitters, the stringbed is nice and firm and crisp. And it has good control.

yep, look for a dense string pattern, coz they are in a way, "made" for flat hitters.

Andy Zarzuela
04-14-2006, 03:30 PM
I wish they would come out with a Yonex RDS001 HD....Yellow is my favorite color!! I hit with TW's demo RDX 500 HD....I believe the string was old and way past due for a re-stringing, so I really didn't get have a good feel with it...

snoflewis
04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
the tecnifibre tfight 325 might be an option

BLiND
04-15-2006, 02:49 AM
its really hard to say, I think because serviing is such a big part of your game, it will come down to how that feels. I've used (and my g/f uses) a Prestige Classic 102"... top frame, however I never thought it served that well, even though it does everything else REALLY well... I would recommend trying it!