PDA

View Full Version : TW: Did they stop selling VOLKL Grip Pallets?

topper#1
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Just a few months ago I ordered some from TW - I know you have to call in to order them, but the gal said they stopped selling them. Is that true?

If correct, anyone know where else I can get them?

TW Staff
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM
We were instructed by Volkl Sport America not to sell handle pallets to consumers. They are concerned about liability if the pallets are not installed properly. We'll be happy to do this for you for a nominal fee, along with the cost of the pallet. Don/Tennis Warehouse

topper#1
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
means we have to send the racket to you (time and expese!) to do what is a very easy procedure! I'd be willing to sign a "pallet release form" - I guess there could be a liability issue, but this is ridiculous.

louis netman
04-14-2006, 10:45 AM
means we have to send the racket to you (time and expese!) to do what is a very easy procedure! I'd be willing to sign a "pallet release form" - I guess there could be a liability issue, but this is ridiculous.

count me in on the PRF...

nViATi
04-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Try giving them a call ;)

topper#1
04-14-2006, 11:24 AM
them and they won't sell me them anymore - as they did just a few months ago. They have changed their TW policy on this.

Michelangelo
04-15-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm higly considering DNX V1 oversize, but I would like to know the reason why people need to change the pallet of their Völkl rackets? I never heard of this for any other brand (like Pricne, Wilson and so forth). Thanks for any explanation.

louis netman
04-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm higly considering DNX V1 oversize, but I would like to know the reason why people need to change the pallet of their Völkl rackets? I never heard of this for any other brand (like Pricne, Wilson and so forth). Thanks for any explanation.

got a Volkl with a 3/8 and want 5/8? .... no need to buy a new frame. Simply swap out the pallet...

topper#1
04-15-2006, 10:14 AM
deal on an DNX )S for $110 but it has a 4 1/2 grip, I use a 3/8, so I used my last Volkl pallet an put it on - now I'm out and if I need to do this again TW wants me to send them the racket when I can do it myself in 10-15 minutes if I could buy the pallet for the usual $8 or so.

jonolau
04-16-2006, 05:17 AM
deal on an DNX )S for $110 but it has a 4 1/2 grip, I use a 3/8, so I used my last Volkl pallet an put it on - now I'm out and if I need to do this again TW wants me to send them the racket when I can do it myself in 10-15 minutes if I could buy the pallet for the usual $8 or so.
Hi topper, is it very difficult to change the grip pallet? Also, can the old butt cap be re-used or does that have to be changed too? Me and a couple of buddies in Singapore are interested in getting hold of about 10 sets of pallets. Do let me know if you're successful in getting them and from where.

equinox
04-16-2006, 08:50 AM
That's just stupid reasoning.

Tw get some balls and keep selling the product.
Show some trust in your customers.

Jesus christ.

louis netman
04-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi topper, is it very difficult to change the grip pallet?

Piece of cake...I once trained a chimpanzee to do it...;-)

jonolau
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Piece of cake...I once trained a chimpanzee to do it...;-)
That being said, I'm a chimpanzee that needs training ...

Where I'm from, we do not have a Volkl rep, therefore any mistakes will be costly ...

altis
04-22-2006, 08:24 AM
We were instructed by Volkl Sport America not to sell handle pallets to consumers. They are concerned about liability if the pallets are not installed properly. We'll be happy to do this for you for a nominal fee, along with the cost of the pallet. Don/Tennis Warehouse

Can overseas consumers still order these volkl pallets? Would reckon liability issues would not be applicable then. It would be too costly to send racquets to you from abroad.