PDA

View Full Version : Please compare Volkl DNX3 vs DNX V1OS

Pui
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Have anyone in this forum can give the information in use about the two racq. I'm a owner of DNX V1MP and want to buy a OS racq. but in my country the dealer import only the MP not OS of DNX V1. He suggest me to try DNX3 that's little different in technical spec. I want to know what different between the two racq. in the court before deciding to buy DNX3.

Thanks for your kindness

jackcrawford
04-15-2006, 05:03 AM
I recently switched to the DNX V1 MP and also like the quantum and classic versions of that frame. The OS DNX V1 is one of the few OS's I like. The DNX3 is totally different from it - it has the catapult technology which I don't like and feel produces a harsh feel, with the exception of the catapult v8 which you would find underpowered. I would say unless you've hit with a catapult frame and know you like that feel to go with the DNX OS if you can find a way to get it or just stick with your MP. Also the 3 is 27.75 inches long as opposed to 27.6 for V1OS and you will notice its higher swingweight - 328 to 303, I think.

tennisnj
04-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Listen to JackCrawford & stay away from the DNX 3. It should be described as Catapuke technology instead of Catapult. Harsh isn't a strong enough word. I've played w/the DNX V1, (both MP & OS) since its introduction & both are very solid frames. I prefer the OS more if for no other reason than its 110 instead of the MP's 100.

Pui
04-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Any suggestions for other racq., other brand that similar to DNX V1 OS.

Court_Jester
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Any suggestions for other racq., other brand that similar to DNX V1 OS.
Go to the description page of Volkl DNX V1 OS (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCVOLKL-VDNXV1.html) and scroll down. Click on the "Compare" button below the specs of the OS racquet and the Racquet Finder will give a few recommendations and then go from there (Hint: another Volkl came close to what you're looking for). Good luck on your search.